What's the deal with Cynoids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with Cynoids?

This has been bothering me ever since I saw them for the first time. They're history and description says that they are cyborgs and still have organic parts to their bodies. But you can't tell that by looking at them, they look just as mechanical as the Meklar. What's the deal?

Was the history thought up afterwards, did the artists just not care, or are we supposed to believe they keep a few organs floating around inside of them just for the sake of it?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

The Cynoids have a vague resemblance to the original MoO Meklars, which I think is sort of the point.

They're basically just even more robotic than the original Meklars, who were pretty robotic themselves, but not as robotic as the new "Meklars".

As far as I'm concerned, the Cynoids are the actual Meklars (since they resemble the original race) and the "Meklars" of MoO3 are something altogether new and different.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I don't find the Cynoid to be poorly represented. True, from an artistic standpoint, their half-biological nature is poorly represented. But from a scientific standpoint, I don't have any trouble believing that their biological legacy might be present internally. Perhaps part of their logical circuits involve their evolutionary remnants of their brains. If a race was to go cyborg, I can see some rational behind replacing as much of the physical body with mechanical parts while leaving the brain as the "central processor". Just my 2 cents though

Comment

Working...
      X