Friendly Blockades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly Blockades?

Along with the problem of the AI not attacking much when at war is the problem of other empires blockading your systems when at peace! What's up with that? The AI should not be able to blockade me, not I it, unless we are at war. Then when I send in a fleet to destroy the blockade (the blockade is usually between one to three ships early in the game) we are still not at war! Indeed, if I attack an system without declaring war the AI will not even declare war on me! These things must be fixed along with the AI agression.

P.S. Love the game but some fixes need to be made before it really works.

YES! I noticed this too, and it is infuriating that my loyal trade/research partners will starve one of my planets to death!

I had my loyal Darloks colonize a magnet on the other side of the galaxy. So, I set Migrate to get these Rhea up and running. Then, they popped and were size 10! It was a multi system with Sacra, Silicoid, and me (Trilarian). The Silicoids (trade/research) had a fleet that protected me from the hated Sacra, but they are and were starving my population to death. Their pop crashed quickly and may disappear completely soon. And I can't get a fleet there in less than 20 turns. Grrrr!

In my opinion this is a bug. Trade partners should not kill their partners - it is bad for business.

Comment

Having a ship in orbit in Moo2 did nothing, unless you had decalre or were at war, then it would constitute a blockade. This makes sense.

Comment

My colony ships won't colonize when there are friendly ships in the orbit. That sucks especially when there is a on going non-aggression treaty.

Comment

Worse still, I have an alliance with an empire, we both have colony ships in orbit, and neither of us can colonize the planets in the system!

Comment

Working...
          X