Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to stop ground troops from disbanding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to stop ground troops from disbanding?

Is there any way to stop ground troops from disbanding after attacking at planet?

The troops or the troop ships? The troops usually occupy the planet after a battle and the troop ships return to your reserves. I'd personally like to see the troop ships stay in system.

Comment

What woudl be the value of the ships staying in the system? You can only reassign them from the reserve. I am not sure that they could affect piracy even if they had guns as the game probably would not recognize them as deterents.

Comment

The troop ships staying in-system would make it a lot easier to blitz several systems in quick succession. As it stands now, after you storm one planet with your troops, you have to wait 5 turns for them to return to the reserves... then spend another 10 turns moving them to the next planet.

Not that this is that bad... it does slows down warfare rather dramatically. I wish it would at least allow me to invade multiple planets in one system in one go though ><

Comment

That is only an issue if you sent all your troops to that planet at the same time. If you have so many extras, just hold them back one system and send them in after that planet is subdued. I do not send troops with my main attack force as I want to do some bombing first.
          You will then have an idea of how much they have and how much you need.

Comment

Thanx.

Comment

The method vmxa1 suggests is what I've been doing for a while now...

Personally, I'm rather annoyed that I have to do this, but it's the only way I've found so far.

I build up a force of about 20 ground force TF's on transports and send only 1-2 in with the main fleet at a time, keeping the rest back a system and covered by a simple protective combat TF (perhaps an older carrier TF or something, though they can't always keep up).
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

If you know you're going to win the fight, just send them one turn after, and they will arrive as either backup for a fight that doesn't go well, or they can quickly get sent to the next system with the fleet.
                The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

Have you tried to create multiple corp of any type of battle units? If you click land troops instead of land all troops, it will only drop 1/4 of the total troops. If you only have three seperate ground units, 1 Infantry division, 2 infantry division, etc, it will only drop 2 of the units if you drop only half the number since ground units fight together.

Comment

Working...
                  X