New Version of my militaryAI/unrest Mod Uploaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Version of my militaryAI/unrest Mod Uploaded

See thread about Grey Mod Pack Beta for links to files.
    Last edited by Colin The Grey; March 8, 2003, 12:57.

Thanks Colin, I've downloaded the file and will likely give it a try in the next 24. I just wanted to note that I hope that these mods and the upcomming patch will not make the AI put too much of their resourses into military. I would like to actually like to see the computer declare war a bit less often but actually go to war when at war. That is to say, only the agressive races should be in a total war or holy war economy the majority of the time while passive races should still be in a peace time economy except for when others declare war on them (or spy too much). While we so not want this game to be a mere space sim (as it basically is out of the box) we also do not want it to be a war game. It is an empire building game and empire definately involves wars (and nasty ones at that) it also involves peace time in which empires develop more than just their military. I just post this in responce to some of the miltary AI posts at the official site (I was not able to become a member with the hotmail or netscape email addressses so I can only read there). Some have said that all planets should build ships and that is true only when at war unless you are tailking about a war like race. I really appreciate what the modders are doing to help fix the problems of an otherwise great game but I just fear that in making the game a challenge that it might become a full fledged space war game.

Comment

Well in my next mod relase I am working on cutting back on ship production and boosting the AI in areas like research, government, recreation etc.

With all planets having a military build queue they will always be building ships or ground units most of the time.

But I want to boost the overall AI economy also, so it can compete with a good human player and expand.

At the moment even on impossible a good player can easily out research and out manage his empire.

As for the patch I have a feeling it will do a lot of balancing as well as making the AI more agressive.

Comment

Colin,

Nice to see you posting here. I've seen some of your posts over at IGMoO, but prefer the quieter poly.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
        X