This game is crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChaotikVisions
    The main thing was just the AI not being aggressive enough, which QS have said they toned it down for release. (Bad move from what i've seen, since they'd be getting better reviews if they hadn't). There are already mods out by people that boosts the AI and makes it more challenging, though some of it is hardcoded. The AI still doesn't invade with ground troops often, but it will field larger fleets/attack with those fleets more.

I'm currently testing a modified military AI, removed HFoG, and increased task force sizes mod. Once its ready i'll post it up in the creation forums. If you don't like the sound of it/want to wait try Colins mod or OrionDWs mod, Darkchampions worked fairly good if I remember right as well.

Also, i'm positive we'll see at least one patch from QS, as they've already started working on it. And the sales are probably looking pretty good right now judging from the amount of attention the game has gotten.

Note: All but one of these are on the IGMoO fan modification forums right now.
    Did you read the threat tittle I was attacked by the AI. Read it . I think it still too soon to say anything about the AI in attacking you.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Re: This game is CRAP

Originally posted by Alphaman
      And having read through some of the threads here and elsewhere (gamefaqs.com has some well written criticisms) I can see that I am not alone in this opinion.

The biggest flaw is not knowing what the game is doing. Ie if I do X then what happens and why does it happen. Or more commonly, "if I do X what the hell does it do??"

The manual is sorely lacking with no true explanation of the game mechanics.

The interface is horribly awkward and purpusefully difficult to navigate.

Graphics are sub-par for today's day and age.

Diplomacy is lacking.

The economic model is bizarre and incomprehensible.

It seems like this game made sense in some designer's twisted mind but it turned out to be a horribly mutated beast that makes no sense.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I did and I'm regretting it. I'm sick of forcing myself to like it. Thats just wrong.
      Yeah, when I was like seven years old, I couldn't believe I spent half the day trying to ride my first bmx bike. I complained, as you just did, for quite a while...until I learned how to later that evening.

Quixote

Comment

Just a quick update on one Moo3 player's experience.

I have returned Moo3 to ebgames and traded it in for Ghost Recon. While my primary gaming interests are in wargames/tbs games Moo3 in it's current state didn't quite "do it" for me.

I will wait and see if they issue patches and what the community feedback is but for now I revel in the fact that I was able to get my money back. I haven't given up all hope on Moo3 but life is too short to waste one's hard earned money on an unfinished product. There are too many games out there that pretty much work right out of the box to deal with this nonsense. The last time I waited patiently for a game to be finished was with Civ3. Interesting that Moo3 also has infogreeds name on it.
        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Im with Haupt. Dietrich on this one. I purchased MOO3 the day it came out and have spent hours and hours of gameplay trying to determine whether I will like it. In the end, I dont. Even if there is a patch to improve AI and the diplomacy, it wont matter. I really just dont care for the game. I have never wanted to like a game more, but this game is just a mess. For those of you who have bought it and enjoy it, awesome. Im gonna trade it in and move on. Hopefully GalCiv will give me my fix of ruling a galactic empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
            Just a quick update on one Moo3 player's experience.

I have returned Moo3 to ebgames and traded it in for Ghost Recon. While my primary gaming interests are in wargames/tbs games Moo3 in it's current state didn't quite "do it" for me.

I will wait and see if they issue patches and what the community feedback is but for now I revel in the fact that I was able to get my money back. I haven't given up all hope on Moo3 but life is too short to waste one's hard earned money on an unfinished product. There are too many games out there that pretty much work right out of the box to deal with this nonsense. The last time I waited patiently for a game to be finished was with Civ3. Interesting that Moo3 also has infogreeds name on it.
            I than sorry that you didnot like the game.
            By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

I than sorry that you didnot like the game.
              Thanks and it's ok.

It's not that I hated the game, I really wanted to love it however I've learned my lesson with Civ3. I just don't have the time or the funds to waste on unfinished computer games. If that is the way game publishers are going to do business than I am forced to be extremely picky on what I spend my hard earned cash on.

Hopefully if there are enough of us consumers out there who are carefull game companies will see reduced profits. They will then realize that this reduction in profits is from releasing unfinished games to the public and using the public as paying beta testers. I find something wrong with that. Anyway good luck to all who love the game. I sincerely hope things get fixed to the point where I would consider buying the game again.
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

/me wonders why anyone would respond seriously to alphaman

Comment

Or to H Tower for that matter....

Comment

Really not that great

If you have not bought this game yet...do not bother.
                    Unless, of course, you care for a passive game play experience; where you, the player, are relegated to the margins.

I cannot for the life of me conceive of what series of events took place inside this company for this "the game plays itself" theory to come to fruition.

I am not going to say it is the worst game ever, but it is mediocre...and truthfully...I do not want to spend 300 hours with a mediocre game.

BTW, I am almost certain they are getting killed on the market (the shelves are bloated with this game).

Word of mouth kills....and this product is dead.

I will take my 50 dollars and write it off.

Comment

Word of mouth kills....and this product is dead.
                      I dunno dude. its been sold out in every store in my area since it came out. not to me though.
                      By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchDev
                        Or to H Tower for that matter....
                        i imagine you haven't seen alphaman or his trolling before then?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                          * H Tower wonders why anyone would respond seriously to alphaman
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                            Somehow I just cannot take a person seriously if all he posts a thread to do, is whine.

I you have nothing to say, then don't say it

Asmodean
                            I don't think the thread starter had nothing to say. He was just voicing his opinion about the game.

Why get upset over it and tell him to not say anything?

I don't see anyone in the "Strangely addicted to moo3" thread saying "I wish all of you enjoying the game would stop posting meaningless praise about how addicted you are".

It's ok to have posts about how addicted you are, but it's out of line to have posts about how disappointed you are?

sheesh.

The guy doesn't like it, and said why.

Of course, I see your point if the same guy posts over and over again the same line.

but, hey, it's a general forum for views and opinion on the game.

I think that both types of posts, (as long as it isn't a meaningless bash), are good for a potential buyer to read.

As long as the person posting disappointment says why he's disappointed, why should a stream of posts praising the game be more welcome than those disappointed with it?
                            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

oh, and by the way, i like reading the posts about those who are truly enjoying the game and are addicted!

I didn't want to spend $100 on 2 games in such a short time frame, galciv and moo3, so my choice is to wait for galciv, but hearing about how many of you guys like it is making me want to go back on that decision and buy both...

argh
                              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I know when PTW came out, they had to limit the number of love/hate threads because EVERYBODY was starting their own thread and flooding the forum.

They should do that here, for both love and hate threads.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X