Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple-race system and invasions bug :(

Ok... gotta problem.

The Sakkra and the Silicoids both have planets in a system. I'm at war with the Silicoids and I want to invade the Silicoid planet, but not the Sakkra one (I'm not at war with him and I'd rather wait on that prospect until I'm done with the Silicoids).

While it queues up a fleet assault on both planets in the system (Sakkra and Silicoid) in space combat and I can fight the Silicoid planet without fighting the Sakkra planet in that combat, it WILL NOT let me invade the Silicoid planet while it WILL let me invade the Sakkra planet

The problem, I'm guessing, is that when there are multiple possible targets in a single system, the game does not let you CHOOSE which target to invade first. Instead, it FORCES you to invade planets in a certain order. If you're not at war with the guy whose planet is the first on that list, tough luck. You can't invade the planet of the guy you're at war with unless you first invade the planet of the guy you're NOT at war with

This seems to be a really stupid bug... and one I wonder why the beta testers didn't catch

I love this game, but stupid little stuff like this is really annoying. I should be able to pick which planet to invade!!!

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Another thing not documented anywhere. Try clicking on "System View" or whatever its called at the bottom of the combat scheduler (in the middle) Then you can highlight different planets. Madness. Utter madness, this game.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'll have to try that...

The desperate need for a tutorial compounds itself

Comment

If that is not the planet you intend to invade, you can always quit without clicking on any of the attacking options. It should proceed to the next target or planet.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDEvil
          If that is not the planet you intend to invade, you can always quit without clicking on any of the attacking options. It should proceed to the next target or planet.
          That is precisely what I'm complaining about... it DOESN'T proceed to the next available target when I do that.

It does for choosing fleet battles, but it does NOT for choosing ground invasions. It never gives me an option to invade the Silicoid planet, only the Sakkra one

Comment

Yep... this nsty bug just killed my last game.

I was cornered in behind a Guardian with only 4 systems.... luckily they were decent systems.

So I created a Flotilla and Ground Transports and Off-Roaded for 40 turns to the closest system that was inhabitied by 2 cynoid empires.

One of the empire's I had treaties with.... but more importantly, they had planetary defenses that I could not beat (my ships were quite obsolete by the time they arrived). The other cynoid empire was my target.

It was a juicy world, and my TF obliterated the system ships and Fighters they had... but alas I could not invade.

I simply was not strong enough to take out any other world, as the only other system this one was attached to was a well-guarded homesystem. I had plenty of ships in reserve, but I had to capture the planet & build a mob center.

After about 10 turns of tyring a bunch of different things (Border Stance, treaties, Watch/Cede/Control combat) I simply gave up... my 2 20-unit armies would never taste battle.

So I decided... "New Game"

--------------------------

This Bug has to go.... I'm really amazed that it slipped through the BT.

Comment

Bomb them to zero pop and start yourself a new colony.

Comment

hmmm is this something that can't be handled with the System View tab at the bottom of the combat scheduler (like Art of War mentioned)?

When combat schedule comes up, click on the planet on the left in the system where you want to attack but it's the wrong planet this will hi-light that battle. At the bottom of the screen is a tab with 'System View' on it, click there, this brings up the system in question and you can pick which planet in that system you want to attack as long as it's a valid target. Exit system view screen back to the battle scheduler and it should show the planet you want to whack. I've been in alot of situations like ya'll have discribed but the ststem view screen always worked for me.

Or is this another bug that I just haven't encountered?
                "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

System View in combat schedule works for me too so far, but I think it's inexcusable that such an important feature isn't in the docs. Thank god for this forum and the users who love MOO3 so much they do the jobs others got paid for. Of course, if I do go back in and find it in the manual , I'll feel like a schmo. But I'm pretty sure it's not in there

Comment

Don't feel bad, because if the manual had an index you might be able to find things, but as it is it is easy to miss.

Comment

Working...
                    X