Game Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Length

So, in terms of turns, how long does a normal game last? The longest game I have played so far, before restarting in digust at my own ineptitude, was roughly 225 turns. I never really saw any action, no major wars, no real diplomatic problems, or anything besides a bunch of spies making my ass into a hat (not like I knew enough to really do anything except let the AI do my work for me).

I am now on turn 307.

A few turns ago I had annihilated the last Remnants of the Sakkra Empire and have just defeated the Guardian protecting the Elerian Homeworlds (the Bulrathi Guardian died a lot of turns earlier )
    I am at war with the Ithkul (as all other Senate Members are) and the Silicoid.

And no, I don´t think of quitting the game yet.
    I have intentionally turned the Senate Victory off (all my first games ended before turn 200 with me getting elected elected) else I would have won this game also a lot of turns earlier.
    Maybe 200 or 300 turns later I will think of quitting the game, but at the moment it´s too interesting
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

That is what I have doen, turn off the senate so I could play all the way out to see as much as I could. I was restart by turn 100 before, but I did not get to see how many things worked that way.

Comment

Yeah, I won several games in the first 150 turns with senate victory turned on... so now I routinely turn it off... it's the cheap way out.

I'm still on my first game with senate victory turned off. Playing the Evon on a huge map with 16 opponents. I was largest in the game and conquered the 2nd largest (Meklars) and am now fighting the Silicoids. It's turn ~150 and I'm the largest empire on the board, but I control only about 6-8% of the board.

I've got a looooong way to go
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

It can be daunting to be out to over 100 turns and see all of those systems owned by others and realize you need to start taking them away. This is going to take a long time.

Comment

I don't think I've got past 175 turns. But that's because I'm a noob at this game. I'm still just trying to learn what's what.

If I posted ALL my questions there wouldn't be any room for anyone else. So I just start a game and try something new. I almost always have played the same race to eliminate the variables which changing would introduce. I HAVE been learning. I have to say that if there were cheats available I'd prolly use them, at least some of the time. Since there aren't any, or at least I haven't found any, I'm going straight for the very first game. He he ehhehehheeheh!
            :D

Comment

I never got past 200 turns due to boredom because I wanted the A.I. to attack. Since they don't, it gets tedious doing the same thing over and over again. I predict when they fixed the A.I. aggression, I'm going for the gold by playing Impossible, Huge Galaxy, 16 opponents, and see how long I last before I get whupped for finding one of the Antaran X. If I'm good, I predict the battle would last aroud 750-1000+ turns, with tech tree research slowed down.

Comment

Basically Multiplayer games go on for a very long time as Human against Human is 10 fold harder than Human vs. non-Aggressive AI. For those of you who are talking about Senate Wins, leave the senate win on and make your race not start in the senate. You then have 200+ turns to race into the core and still stay nice with the Orions. It's the only way I've played against the computer AI and it can be quite a challenge.

I think anyone can win the senate with the Etherean type races and just expand until you out strip the Orions... but, what fun is that? Try it with a race that is military based and see how often you lose to ‘other’ races wining the senate just 10-20 turns for your ultimate victory…

-AceQ-

Comment

I'm well over turn 500, mostly because I'm exploring the game with Senate Vote off (It's only my forth game). Just in the last 100 turns or so have I actually started any offensive action, and the AI has been hitting back rather hard. Or was, until recently, when it ran out of steam.

Comment

AceQ,

Actually... one of my senate wins was with the Silicoids

(by stomping everyone who didn't like me into the dirt, of course...)

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I'm around thee-fifty, playing Evons, and not in the Senate. I spent mucho time and effort striking against the Klackons to keep them from winning the Senate vote only to find out those damn Silicoids were massing a huge fleet on my backdoor and flooding me with spies. I didn't even think to look in on them until I noticed on my victory screen that there policy towards me was Total War.

Comment

Working...
                      X