Mod manager.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod manager.

Heyya, this is the very first alpha version of a mod manager. Since all of these nice mods are coming out, I decided to make my life easier and create a manager for 'em

Here's a screen shot of the current version:

Here's a link to it:
    Download

This is pretty much a brain dead app at this time, as it doesn't gracefully handle any mods that work on the same files. I plan on putting in a CVS style merge for it, hopefully. Not too sure how well that will work out, but I figured I should put this out there in the meantime.

Anyways, here's how it works:
    -You can run it from anywhere, as it looks at your registry for the moo path (although, you can change it if you want...)
    -It looks in your moo directory for a directory named "mods", this is just a repository of zip/mob files.
    -It can fetch mod descriptions from the zip file (it looks for any zip entry that contains readme.txt in the name).
    -When you hit "activate", it will put the appropriate files in the appropriate places (note, this must be specified in the zip file, as it just unzips into the moo directory).

That's about it for now... I'm going to keep on working on it

Let me know if anyone wants anything for it...

edit: for an example of how the mod's work, i included archangel_brian's encyclopedia mod, as well as simplicity's sitrep mod.

That is a good idea.

Comment

need more people interested in this! :P

Gotta make all the mod's standard

Comment

working on it. Soon both the mod'ing and implementing of mods will be a peice of cake for everyone

Comment

Yes, outstanding.
          Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

Alright, I've got some standard diff/patch going on for the mods. This will work for both adding/deleting & changing lines. Should make life a LOT easier. The way it's implemented right now, you just drag & drop/select files to create the mods. Then it saves it into a nice standard patch, and you're set.

I'll upload it from work tomorrow, for testing.

Comment

when i try to use it it says "Unable to start the application--the Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded.
              Class not registered.What happened?
              Remeber the Antaran battle.

Comment

Working...
              X