The New Orions, an useful Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Orions, an useful Race

In my current Game the New Orions are getting really useful.
    You just have to win a Decree with "Total war on Race xyz"

Earlier in the game I issued a decree for a total war on my enemies the Meklar. It had the effect that I didn´t have to bother about the Meklar Fleets.

In turn 250 as President of the Orion Senate i successfully issued a decree about "Total war on the Ithkul".
    Now I often see New Orion Fleets moving around the Galaxy into Systems with Ithkul Worlds, destroying the System Ships of the Ithkul and blockading their Planets.

Reaally useful, because then I can send my Troop Transports in and conquer the defenseless Ithkul worlds

As a really positive Sideeffect i have seen the relationships between the New Orions and both me and my fellow Senate-Members improving.

There is now a cordial relationsship with 112 between the New Orions and my race, the Psilons. Maybe the war against a common enemy has united our races

You just have to know how to use the New Orions
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; March 6, 2003, 10:01.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Which is really sad, when you think about it. I would like the NO to be that race that you have to thread careful with, or they get in your face, real bad like. Then when you got the tech and the muscle, you can slug it out with them. I don't like the NO's as advanced mercenaries.

Or maybe I should just shut up??

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I've had total war declared on other races in the senate and I haven't seen them move yet. I'm only playing easy though so maybe they're not aggressive enough at that level. Or, maybe they moved through the darkness like ninjas, executing the unbelievers from the shadows.

Comment

Do they have Contact to Races to which you have the Total War Bill?

I think it is very important.
        The Ithkul for example had a Colony in direct neigbourhood to the New Orions, so it was sure that they would have contact.

(btw. one easy way to see if the Orions have contact to those Races is by looking at the Foreign Office. Just look into the "Foreign Matrix" and choose the New Orions.)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

In my first game (easy), the New Orions went on a rampage, and they went through my territory to do it. I just chose "defend planet" and crossed my fingers. Of course, it was nice when they wiped out the defenses at a planet that had just fought my invasion fleet to a standstill.

Comment

Working...
          X