Mods to improve the enemy AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods to improve the enemy AI

If you are unhappy with the level of aggressiveness of the other races, try a mod! Any of these will be an improvement.

Mine is here:

The Most Comprehensive UNofficial Sci-Fi TBS Site Online.

Lord Orion's mod here:

Colin the grey's mod here:

Txt files:

To install any of these mods, place the txt files in the following directory (you may need to create it first):

\GameDataSets\Classic_01\GameData\Common\Spreadshe ets\

To unistall, just delete the txt files.

Post feedback in the Fan Modifications forum!

Cheers,

AC

edit: friendlier location of my mod
    Last edited by AlenkiiCvetocek; March 6, 2003, 09:35.

Do you have any details for specifically what each one does, or tries to do?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The details of mine are in the readme file.

Mine:

Adjusts difficulty level by increasing the HFOG advantage that the computer players get.

Mine and the others:

Modifies the balance of forces the AI build (fewer transports).

Increases the chance the AI will upgrade its border status.

Increases the # of planets building ships.

Decreases the % reserves

Increases the amount of forces deployed against an enemy.

Decreases the % of forces used for harrasment

Alters the degree to which the AI wishes to outnumber you.

Etc.

Basically, all the mods are trying to do similar things, but we tweat different numbers differently. Try one (if you can, two or three) of the mods and report your results. Read the results from other people using others' mods - I don't know whose will be best!

BTW, apparently the QS guys have been reading the modders' discussion and are also looking at how much can be done by this sort of tweaking (as opposed to changing the hard coding).

Comment

sound slike this would give a good challenge (a cat with a ball of yarn gives a good challenge compared to regular MOO3 ai )

Comment

I would also advise thinking about Chaotik Vision's HFoG removal mod. It seems to help out things a lot, at the expense of a flawed concept.

Comment

I hate to throw water on anyone. It seem the computer AI plan on built than very soild defence before it really attack you something it didnot do very well in MOO and MOO2. One person bought the computer was weak because of it attack found that the computer main world where protect by
            very large system defence fleet, very large orbital defense, and real very large ground forces with superfighter base, missile base and beam base.
            By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

This mod adds the idea that a good defense is a good offense. The computer still has it's fortress worlds, but it also has 150+ ship fleets attacking those it's at war with.

It's quite good, and makes for a very scary game at times.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbear
                This mod adds the idea that a good defense is a good offense. The computer still has it's fortress worlds, but it also has 150+ ship fleets attacking those it's at war with.

It's quite good, and makes for a very scary game at times.
                Which mod?

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                X