No announcement yet.

Always losing money? Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that the best way to run things is to maintain minimal taxes overall, and supplement the loss in productivity with a focus on industry in the early game. It seems to work for me, and honestly, it's rare to need more than a few thousand credits at any stage of the game with a little preparation.
    The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

Originally posted by canamrock
      I find that the best way to run things is to maintain minimal taxes overall, and supplement the loss in productivity with a focus on industry in the early game. It seems to work for me, and honestly, it's rare to need more than a few thousand credits at any stage of the game with a little preparation.
      I raise system and empire taxes by 2 % point and keep the lower planetary taxes possible without unless.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

System taxes are only really useful in one of two situations...

1) Rapid development of intra-system colonies, and

2) Focused production of one expensive project on a central production world.

If these are not your situations, just drop the system tax, and the overall economic efficiency is raised quickly. My large despotisms maintain HFoG's well under 2, even when they are of immense populations. Empire taxes are only useful when needing to focus on centralized development, which is more useful than intra-system centralization, as empire-wide, there will be many more opportunities to have this division of labor efforts.

Economic specialization, just one of the beauties of natural economic development.
        The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

Working...
        X