Guarded/Guardian worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarded/Guardian worlds

Ok, I finally got ballzy and went after a guardian. After several fleets and several attempts, I beat the bugger. But once I got into the system, the darlok homeworld was a paradise, but there was no population and no X and no nothing... not to mention the fact the stupid planet was a poor mineral classification. did I just totally waste my fleet?

Well, if you already colonized the planet and there's no Darloks around, you're a little late and SOL. Since its a paradise, you could build it into a thriving industrial or bioharvest base.

Comment

The planets will always be paradise, but they do not guarantee X's, allthough you may find some. As for wasting your fleet...a green one (or better) planet is never a total waste, is it?

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

But you should have your Colony Ships at Hand, when you try to conquer a Guardian System.

In one Game I had the Klackon settling the Bulrathi Worlds one turn after I defeated the Guadrian.
        After this Event I always keep my Colony Ships with me (if you keep the Colony Ships at the point wheere your Fleet entered the System and just move your Battlefleets while you try to find the Guardian they are perfectly safe.)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Are you sure Proteus. The guardian doesn't target the colony ships??

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
            Are you sure Proteus. The guardian doesn't target the colony ships??

Asmodean
            He would target them if he would see them.
            But as you begin at one End of the System-Map, so you can just travel with your Combat-Ships to the Midst of the Map while you let your Colony Ships stay where they entered the System.

The Guardian first discovers your Combatships and attacks them, so if your Taskforces don´t loose the Battle your Colony Ships are perfectly safe (and if your Combatships loose you maybe have enough time for a general Retreat to safe your Colony Ships).

I have defeated tow guardians, both times the Combat Fleet were accompanied by 5 Colony-Taskforces and I never lost a single Colony Ship.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Sometimes, but not always, you'll get an X. I think only one of the guardians has one. So you sometimes get lucky. Since you usually send out the missions much later than you can get guardian killers, it can be quite the boost depending on which one you get.

Comment

Working...
              X