Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost my first game

I finished my first game and lost.

"How?" I hear everybody say,"This game's so easy, you just have to hit the TURN button."

I lost a vote for the Orion Senate.

I WASN'T EVEN A MEMBER OF THE SENATE!!!!!

So, for now, no Senate vote victory condition for me.

How stupid.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

loser

(I've turned off that victory as well)

Comment

I can't remember ANYONE posting here saying they won their first game

I quit out of my first 4 games long before they were close to completion when I realized I'd done stupid stuff and I now knew better...

It was on my FIFTH game that I finally conquered everyone in the galaxy other than the NOs and won a diplo victory as if by default

A few games later and having won my diplomatic victory several times and deciding the diplo victory is too cheap, I've decided to turn diplo victory off and play on a huge map
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

It wasn't my first game, as in, I installed the game and played.

I meant it was the frist game that was played to conclusion. Somewhat.

ACK!

Comment

I'm not rubbing it in or anything - just so you know it could happen - but I won my first game. Although the game was on easy, and I won by senate victory and I trusted the AI to do 80% of the game for me right from the start (I somehow got into the senate - I didn't start there).

Comment

Originally posted by drsparnum
            I'm not rubbing it in or anything - just so you know it could happen - but I won my first game. Although the game was on easy, and I won by senate victory and I trusted the AI to do 80% of the game for me right from the start (I somehow got into the senate - I didn't start there).
            That's the thing, how did you get there?

ACK!

Comment

I think (I don't know) my ally who was in (they seem the most likely) proposed I get in and it must have been approved. I don't really know - I just know that all of a sudden senate stuff was showing up in my sit rep that wasn't before. Sorry I can't help much.

Comment

The trick is to get in an alliance with a member, preferably two (as someone will have to second that emotion)

My last game I had four staunch allies (multiple agreements with all, full alliances) but none were in. Thems the breaks. And it happened that a state of war existed with the other civs, so no luck there.

What I would do is: keep making pacts, everykind (maybe not the open borders) gift a few techs to them, maybe even an outpost colony or a captured planet.

Comment

Working...
                X