No announcement yet.

Rate MoO3 (1-10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now, after 3 days of trying to figure things out, i´d give it a 2 (its too flashy to be shareware).

However, I am trying to learn how to play it (without any useful manual I might add), and therefore have abstained from voting.

I am giving it one week. If I cannot figure out a game in one week, something is terribly wrong.

_______________________________________-
    micromanagement hell = macromanagement hell

Comment

The moo3 forum is very helpful to any who find the manual lacking. Most of my major questions have been answered there. If I had not checked in there, I would have chucked it long before now.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yes, I agree the forums are extremly helpful. But still, there is too much speculation. Some things you just cannot learn from trying.

A week should be enough for IG to clarify the most important issues posted on the forums.

Comment

9 - It rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric S
            The game is good except for the AI. Fix the AI, the PD bug, and a few other tweaks, and this could hit an 8. Get some SMAC-like behind-the-scenes diplomacy, and it could hit 9. Give us all that and military policies like the planetary policies (to emphasize/deempasize building certain military units), and it could hit 9.5.
            Speaking of SMAC: Give us a SMAC-like manual and in-game encyclopedia!
            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Voted 'Abstain', because I don´t have the game, and don´t plan to buy it.

From all I have read in this forum, I would probably give it a '2' after playing. Glad I missed this one.

Btw, do you remember it was promised you would never be more than two mouse-clicks away from anything?

Another promise I, for one, did *not* forget: You would be able to 'go under the hood' and micro-manage whatever you choose (not everything at once, because of IFP limits, but anything you focus on).

As they clearly broke these promises, *AND* everybody agrees the ai is a dog, I really wonder how anybody can like this game?! I suppose some people will be fanboys, no matter how bad a game is. There must be something like a 'fanboy gene'.
              Attached Files
              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

I abstained since I believe it's too early to objectively tell. I worry about those who would rate it a 10 right from the start.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                  I abstained since I believe it's too early to objectively tell. I worry about those who would rate it a 10 right from the start.
                  do you worry about those that would rate it a one right from the start?

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                    do you worry about those that would rate it a one right from the start?
                    Good point. I should have said I worry about those who would rate it at all from the start.
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Good point. I should have said I worry about those who would rate it at all from the start.
                      Why? I feel there is a good deal to learn about this game. To me the learning IS the fun. When is stop improving i often stop playing. I feel this game will take some time to master. A solid 9

Comment

After it stops improving (or falling apart) then it is time to give it a rating. If it continues to improve then your 9 could become a 10 and in so doing would invalidate your own 9. It may be too early to judge objectively but we could give provisional ratings subject to change. I'd probably say a 5 myself, subject to change of course. With patches and improvements to come I expect my rating to climb rather than drop in the future.

Comment

I voted 8.
                          But on an interesting side note the
                          median vote is exactly 5 (at the time I voted).
                          I'm not even going to waste my time figuring out what the mean is, err maybe, uh...
                          counting...
                          the mode is bit trickier because both 8 and 4 have the same high number of votes (16).
                          So what does this all mean, haha stop me before I pun again, statistically? Wide variance in opinions and just by looking at the raw data we can tell that it isn't polarized around the extrmems (which may seem to be counterdictery but isnt) soooooooooooooooooo, from a developer standpoint probably a success but not the kind of success they were looking for.

Thus the data indicates that:
                          This cow goes moo,
                          but does not vary loudly. HA! there is not stoping me!
                          Last edited by seruko; March 8, 2003, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by seruko
                            But on an interesting side note the
                            median vote is exactly 5 (at the time I voted).
                            Good to see the median not getting carried away. I can't say I'm a fan of statistics but you did make it entertaining...

Comment

Working...
                            X