Nukes, bio, chem: do you use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nukes, bio, chem: do you use them?

When you attack a planet, you get the option of using nukes, bio or chem weapons during the assault.

What exactly do they do for you? Do they just increase the efficiency of your assault and increase unrest?

Does anybody use them when the Orion Senate does not have a ban?
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Never used them.

The pure sight of my armed Troops is usually enough to keep the enemy running

(Most of the resistance I encountered were til now a Couple of Marine Grunts mixed with sdome Militia Grunts. Use Vertical Enevlopment with your Mobile or Armor Troops and you get the Planet within one Turn without heavy losses and without having to rely on NBC-Weapons )
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'll use nukes occassionally but they don't seem to do any good. Just send a horde of troops in.

Comment

I've used them a few times when I was trying to conquer an advanced race which had troop tech up to armor (I don't know how good their weapons/racial bonuses were; I had a hard time finding that information. Why can't everything be nice and summarized for us in a single number called "Combat Effectiveness", like we had in MoO2? Grrr). They actually did seem to make a difference. I stopped needing a troop superiority of 4:1 and could conquer planets with closer to 5:2. they didn't seem to increase unrest or pollution or what have you that I noticed, but I could have just missed it or not cared enough to find it. Anyway, the only thoing that happened (which may or may not have been related to my NBC use) was that the New Orions came out with a fleet of 120 ships, for some reason marched through my territory without attacking me, and sat in the system I was trying to conquer. Just sat there. For fifty turns.

Huh?
        mmmmm...cabbage

Comment

That's insane! I've never had them come after me like that before. Maybe the Senate had banned them and the NO were enforcing it.

Comment

I used them on the harvesters and fish heads in hopes of killing off as many civilians as possible(ie. all of them). But I don't think it even added to the civilian casualties.

Had to settle for bombarding/starving them to death instead.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that only veteran+ armies could use NBC weapons. Since i haven't managed to get any troop past the experienced level, i haven't seen any of those options either.

Comment

Every Time I use Nuclear Weapons it seems that more Infrastructure/buildings are destroyed.(+pollution created)
                Bio seems to kill of Pop very Fast.... I use it on Harvesters.
                also creates polluition(minoe)
                No clue what Chemical could do perhaps for Meklars who should be invinvible to Bioattack?
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                X