A New Hope for AI aggressiveness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Hope for AI aggressiveness?

For those who have an appetite for modding and can't wait for QS to patch the aggressiveness of the opponent AI, there's an interesting thread over at IG, here

Here's hoping....
    It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.

-Mark Twain

I can't get to the ig forums because of the stupid firewall at work.

So what's it about?
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I only read the first page (thanks, OmniDude for the link). It's what you might expect: much --all?-- of the AI is in easily editable files. Of course, unless you explicited understand how all the numbers work, you're playing a guessing game...which people now are.

One interesting bit seems to be that the AI is currently set to respond to you in proportion to your forces, so that if you have no forces, there will never be a real attack. This, too, seems to be just a guess, but it would make sense.

So there is hope that these folks will do the AI tweaking we want well before an actual patch comes down the line.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Go to the last page - there is a downloadable Mod there for the Military AI.
        EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Direct link to the self extracting Mod:-

He is still tweaking it but apparaently it aint a bad job!
          EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks Yin for the synopsis! Where've you been hiding, anyway?

Be cool if they can pull it off. And thanks uglyduck for the link... maybe I'll give it a try...
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Stuie:

Good to see ya! I've taken some time to move back to the U.S. from nearly 6 years in Korea, etc. I've also 'let go' of Civ and my pre-occupation with trying to affect game development from the fan side. Now I just take things as they come...so that means I do a lot more lurking, which I'm sure most of Poly is very thankful for!

Anyway, I think MOO3 can be saved, but withtout strong early sales, the added patch dev. time is in serious jeopardy, I think.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
              X