HOW TO play as the AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO play as the AI

I found this out after helping to test a mod to make the AI attack more, at the Infogrames forums. not sure if this is common knowledge, and if not, it should be

basically start multiplayer game, choose LAN, click resume game, select the save game file, click on create.

a drop down menu appears. use it to select what race you want to play, then click launch

Maybe this belongs in Strategy. Then again maybe it doesn't. Anyway...I just tried it, and it works.

But I still call it a cheat

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

well it's helpful when modding the values in the txts inside spreadsheets.mob. Playing as the AI allows me to see exactly what the AI is up too, otherwise its all guessing and no facts.

Comment

well, maybe its a cheat Asmodean, but we are using it to try and fix the game So its good, in my book

Comment

No worry, Alexfrog, I was not complaining.

I have been known to cheat too (which is not a great deal, since I never!! play MP)

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

but its not for cheating asmodean

if its cheating you want, there are cheat codes (money, techs, and some other stuff).

dont know the codes off hand, but there in the modifiable files

Comment

Yeah...I saw them. But I didn't know what to do with them. Enter them on the main galactic map, or what??.

Anyway: I agree. Playing as the AI would be good for modding.

Asmodean

Comment

Working...
              X