Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Over!

Originally posted by Rantz:

"If you are expecting a patch in the next couple of weeks, it's won't be there."

Need I say more?

Its over. Moo3 is dead , they did the impossible they ruined Moo3.

Link: http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=270959

Guess the community need to make this game playable then , so much for support.

I'm so sad I actually believed in this game and it actually have some potential.

RIP Moo3 !!

"We've had people tell us that it's the best AI they've seen".

I wonder what game they played?, it sure wasnt moo3.

Ankh is sadly shaking his head

Comment

Maybe their is hope after all.

Alot of information to dig up tonight indeed.

"OK, I'm not crossposting in the other threads, so hopefully everyone will take note.

1.) the number of mods went down because THEY WANTED OFF. I came in this morning to 58 reported post messages in my mailbox. Yikes. The mods that are less active asked to be removed. Not that I blame them.

2.) We are not in a 'blackout' from either QS or IG. Con (Chantz) is out of town, Cory and Bill are also out of town and the first time I looked at the boards was this morning when I came in to a truckload of reported posts in my mailbox.

3.) QS is committed to MOO3, and making it the most enjoyable game possible. There is nothing like thousands of people pounding away on your game to shake loose things that need to be adjusted, tweaked or fixed.

4.) The AI agression level was once *too* high, so it is a correctable problem.

5.) I can't give an ETA for a patch because there are multiple factors that go into it. Time to fix problem. testing of fix, determining what items take priority, grouping elements for maximum gameplay benefit. (what things are most important to the players to maximize their playing experience.) Once all of that is done, then there is install-testing to make sure that when players install the patch it doesn't f-up their save files or their installed game on ALL systems, so we don't end up with "well this fix will work on Win2K, but everyone else is SOL" That does more harm than good obviously.

6.) Regardless of whether we respond to every post, we *are* reading them because the game is important to us, and it's important that it's enjoyable and as tight as it can be. We (QS) do NOT take a 'well it's out on the shelves, deal with it' attitude. It's simply a reality that to do *any* kind of adjustment to an installed app that does not affect stability or adversely affect the game (fix one thing, break another syndrome) takes TIME.

As soon as we know when there will be a patch YOU the fans will know. Considering all the release date problems, it should be understandable that we don't want to say 'Oh you'll have it next week" when it might not make that date.

Link: http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...99#post3569399

Comment

h

hah so I was right I did remember something like that. I remember them saying the AI was crazy lol and they toned it down for release.

Comment

It seemed that they toned it down a little too much. Well too bad, was looking forward to playing the sequel to Moo1 and Moo2. Great games by the way, I even remember buying Moo1 before I had the computer to support the game, spent a couple of months playing in my head.

Strange how the name Infogrames consistently pops up in these discussions about not-finished products.

Comment

4.) The AI agression level was once *too* high, so it is a correctable problem

Nonsense, there are some of us that want to up the aggression level of the A.I. I want to see my homeworld blown away by a force of 50 Behemoths.
            Last edited by Crostoneman; March 4, 2003, 01:20.

Comment

Personally I believe there is a difference between aggression, and the AI randomly doing hurtful things.

Comment

As long as the AI does some hurtful things occaisionally...

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ankh

"We've had people tell us that it's the best AI they've seen".

I wonder what game they played?, it sure wasnt moo3.

Ankh is sadly shaking his head
                  LOL, yeah I think those people were playing Britanny's Dance Beat before Rantz showed them MOO3. But on a side note there's some guy who's claimed to have hacked his own patch for this game that makes the AI build big fleets and attack you often, and he's posted it on eBay for sale. He's even put those hotties the Elerians back in as a playable race. You all might want to check it out while you're waiting for the official one:

Comment

I wonder if they way they toned down the AI was through what we can mod. If so, I wish they would tell us what the things do in the mod files so we can fix the AI now instead of waiting for a patch.

Comment

Originally posted by habadacus

LOL, yeah I think those people were playing Britanny's Dance Beat before Rantz showed them MOO3. But on a side note there's some guy who's claimed to have hacked his own patch for this game that makes the AI build big fleets and attack you often, and he's posted it on eBay for sale. He's even put those hotties the Elerians back in as a playable race. You all might want to check it out while you're waiting for the official one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3606
                      Dude, that link is such a ripoff. I've seen those CD's selling for around $9.99. As for hacking a patch, I would guess it is editing the files in the .mob files. Anyone with winzip/winrar and notepad can edit those.

Comment

Be happy to have the chance to learn thge game w/o the AI stomping all over you
                        hehehehe
                        let me play a couple of weeks than they can make them aggressive :P
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Trystan

Dude, that link is such a ripoff. I've seen those CD's selling for around $9.99. As for hacking a patch, I would guess it is editing the files in the .mob files. Anyone with winzip/winrar and notepad can edit those.
                          Sorry, it was just my idea of a joke. Just trying to provoke a smile in this otherwise bitter forum.

Comment

Working...
                          X