No announcement yet.

Help! How do I use my first technology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the biggest problems right now is the manual. A sizeable chunk of the technology descriptions are vague. Hopefully they'll fix it so that the tech tells you which is autmotatic and which is not...

Talking about hydrophonic farms, how about improved govt or whatever it is called (one of the first ones). I can't figure out how you implement this or what its benefits are

KoalaBear33

Comment

This just lowers your HFOG by a small amount (5%?) IIRC. There's a few techs that do this.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The improved government stuff reduces Heavy Foot of Government by 2-3%.

But since we don't know how Heavy Foot of Goverment works, this information is equally worthless.

Comment

HFOG explained :
          HFOG is a simple multiplyer of how much it cost to build things.
          If you have a HFOG of 2, then everything costs twice as much.If you have a HFOG of 3, then everything costs thrice as much. And so on.

Some techs decrease the HFOG.
          Each turn there is an x% chance of the HFOG increasing, where x is your oppressometer setting.
          The size of your Empire affects the HFOG - bigger gives you a higher HFOG.
          Changing government reduces HFOG to an average of the current value and 1. This is an easy exploit, as the AI doesn't do this.
          On Impossible the AI has a 85% HFOG starting rate.

Hope that helps a bit.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Yes, that's the best explanation I've seen so far. Then again, it's the first one.

Is there any way to see your current HFOG?

Comment

Originally posted by darcy
              Yes, that's the best explanation I've seen so far. Then again, it's the first one.

Is there any way to see your current HFOG?
              its under the victory tab

Comment

back to an explanation of DEA buildings: there are basically three flavors of buildings one can have on a planet.

The first are planet-wide structures. Things like pollution processors, any of the *modules, astro university - all are built on a planetary level and usually have some effect on all DEAs on that planet, or something close to that. These are built using the planet queue, and the player has full control over them if they see fit.

THe second are regional structures. These go in a region - any region on a planet - and boost the region itself in some way or give an unrelated bonus. Hydroponic farms is a regional structure, and it gives half a food point - which is actually pretty lame. C'mon, guys. Sheesh. Other types are bio-monitoring stations which increase the region's biodiversity (which in turn increases pop growth rates and happiness), regional fortifications, etc. The key word to look for in the tech description is 'region'. Also note that while it might give a boost to DEAs of a type, it doesn't need to be built with any DEA. All regional buildings are built by the viceroy according to your dev plans and the planet's needs.

The third are DEA buildings. These always have to do with a specific kind of DEA, and are built off of one specific DEA. For example, automated mines helps mining DEAs, while soil enrichment helps bioharvesting. These are the most intuitive to grasp, IMO. These also are totally controlled by the viceroy.

And for a special treat, there are spaceports. Spaceports can be built in any region, and each region can have one (and only one) spaceport DEA. However, unlike all the other DEAs, you can't build it explicitly. It's controlled again by the viceroy. Unlike regional buildings, however, spaceports have add-ons of their own. Very odd fish, they are, but they give you lots of money and that's what's important in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by darcy
                  Why thankyou I plan on making some kind of guide... but I'd need someone to offer me some server space ?

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                  X