Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I tell which race is in my colony ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I tell which race is in my colony ship?

Later on in a game, when I had at least two other races in addition to my own, I had at least one instance where a planet controlled wholly by another race built a colony ship. Only problem was, due to a lack of available planets, I had a bunch of colony ships sitting in my reserves, and now I couldn't tell which one was the new one. This kinda matters when the world I'm looking at is sweet spot for the race I want and red 2 for the race I don't.

So, is there any way to tell what race is in a colony vessel? I couldn't find one when I was trying to set up the TF.

Can you tell by ship design? Unless your magnate is a similar species, you should be able to tell that way.

Comment

I believe they got my graphics, regardless, but I might be able to check. I think that's especially an issue for magnates, who I don't believe have their own ship graphics.

Comment

No, they do not have different grahpics. A quick fix if your willing to manually control colony ships is to rename the same class of colony ships with a prefix to indicate which race is on board.

Comment

I wonder if one day someone will mod the game to make different skins for all the ships...so they will all be different.
          Veni, vidi, vici.
          [I came, I saw, I conquered].
          -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

If it's a question of renaming the class of ship, under the circumstances I'd rather just obsolete them entirely once I assimilate another race and then build them on an as-needed basis. It'd be nice if I didn't have to do that, if I could just let them go into the reserves and pull out whichever one was appropriate for the planet I wish to colonize.

Comment

Working...
            X