a true second chance please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a true second chance please...

Note: Don't read this post if you truly hate/detest/loathe/despise the game Master of Orion 3.

Note said then for everybody else, let's give this one a second chance. I will clear for everybody that I still don't have my very own MoO 3 to h/d/l/d or to fiddle with (aka play) but... I had similar waiting times for other games, so my expectation meter did rise, so I guess the best thing is not to build any expectations until the game comes out and then try it for yourself (much like a movie, I guess)... I've failed miserably so far, but won't happen with MoO 4 or GalCiv

(Neverwinternights was awful experience in the beginning, but they I realized that it is a great game after all, especialy in MP)

Well, seems to me other games have similar fated woes, Ascendancy was infested with a terrible AI (read baby-easy), but later on LogicFactory produced a patch which remedied that. I still bought Ascendancy before the patch. MoO 2 had problematic balance issues. MoO 1 had some bugs as well, the thing is, each patch the game gets will improve something...

Alas, patches can't improve the core rules gameplay, they will balance things, maybe add the requested arrows to change in between planets, maybe create a feature for obsolete ships or automaticaly replace the building queues with the new design via and editor who knows. They promised a new manual and that's a start. I have a lingering feeling that this game will soon join the underdogs HOBF... which is good and bad ...

QS isn't perfect, they read/heard (?) many of our complaints, surely they are working on it, seeing what is feaseble and what is not, if it's within scope of capabilities or not.

I still hope that they will keep on improving the game, making it a great game that will last until MoO 4 comes around.

If this analogy can be made, MoO 1 is to MoO 2 and MoO 2 is to MoO3 like Final Fantasy series relate to eachother. They bear the same title (increment one last figure) boast a great story, create more details, change the UI a lot and best of all give you a new system to play with . If you did not play FF then odds are you will not get the latter statement.

Hell, even Blizzard the mother of the best RTS games produces 9+ patches for each game.

These are my € 0.02 on the subject. Now get back into your spaceships and unleash hell in space!

(PS: Carnaval in Rio... that's an expectation...

This game has eaten four days of my life so far and I have absolutely no regrets about it. Does it need patches and tweaks? Sure. Will it ever be the ultimate game for people who think MoO2 is perfect? Nah.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

As so often in the past - I'm right with what Grumbold is saying. Is it perfect? - No, what game is. Can it be fixed easily in a patch? Yes. Or maybe two patches And I've been playing this game solid for 6 days. And I'm dying to get back to my Eoladi Empire right now!

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

To me Neverwinter nights or Master of Magic are perfect games. You love them til the beginning and keep playing and playing, and you cant find anything wrong with them. There's also several C64 or amiga games that were perfect but I wont go so far back in time

Comment

What kind of lives do you people lead that you can devote 4 day or 6 days at a stretch to a GAME?

Not meant as an insult, just really curious, I mean, do you not have school/a job, spouse/SO, kids/pets (or both), etc...???

Comment

I have a wife and a job and I wish the day could have 48 or 72 hours so I could play more!!!
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Yeah, had a lot more time for games before I got the family...

Comment

Originally posted by MitchDev
                What kind of lives do you people lead that you can devote 4 day or 6 days at a stretch to a GAME?

Not meant as an insult, just really curious, I mean, do you not have school/a job, spouse/SO, kids/pets (or both), etc...???
                A very understanding SO (I got her hooked on HOMM 4 so that she'd understand ).

I played from the time I got home Friday (7:30 pm) through to 12:30 this morning, taking about 12 hours to sleep out of that.

Comment

heh heh wouldn't you like to know

na it is nothing so unussual for an inventor/visionary/free person/
                  I own three business's so if I want i can take a week off straight...AHAHAHAH

soon young jedi you will learn to call me MASTER
                  " It is from the character of our adversary's position that we can draw conclusions as to his designs and will therfore act accordingly"
                  - karl Von Clausewitz

Comment

As "luck" would have it I got an acute ear infection the day before the game arrived and have been on antibiotics and painkillers ever since. When you cant sleep and cant work you have a lot of time. I'm playing a lot slower than I would normally, but I'm getting a lot of time to experiment with the game. Next week I'll be back to posting in the forums in breaks at work and only playing when I have a free evening.

I love strategy games and its not unusual for me to spend all my accumulated flexitime and days in lieu whenever a good new game comes out. My partner is pretty understanding about it. These days I at least work most of the time. When we met I was a student devoting almost my entire life to boardgames, computer games, pnp roleplaying and live roleplaying
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Two words for you as to how I had at least the initial period of time to play the game non-stop while I was learning it last week:

Snow storm
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                        Two words for you as to how I had at least the initial period of time to play the game non-stop while I was learning it last week:

Snow storm
                        We have an average of 5-6 per winter here, and with the cold one we have this year ( even by our own standards ), it's a perfect playing time indoors of course when I'm off.
                        The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Working...
                        X