Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESSENTIAL - How to adjust millitary build ratio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESSENTIAL - How to adjust millitary build ratio.

I found this on the IGMoO forums. This pretty much fixes EVERYTHING ! (Apart from the AI passiveness)

Here is the link http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=270384

I'm going to do this - so should you. A mod for AI aggression is coming soon. Why do we have to do this ourselves ?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Because game designers think casual game players don't want to lose their first 9 games on easy mode?
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Huh? What casual gamers?

QS deliberately steered the MoO franchise into a niche market. If you target your game at hardcore number crunchers, why bother dumbing down the AI?

Comment

If you're just going to whine don't post. And yes, scanning the IGMoOs fan modifications forum is useful. I'm testing a mod that removes HFoG to see how it does, and i'm trying to see if theres any AI settings that control aggression. Since alot of people say the AI Ittkul attacks them, just gotta look around some.
        "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

a mod that removes HFoG would make economics picks near useless... and the ripple effects will emanate out in ways that you wouldn't quite anticipate... keep in mind that when you mod the game, you're going to impact a whole lot of things that you didn't intend to impact.

The AI humans are already the wimps of the galaxy... taking away their HFoG advantage might just be the last nail in their coffin.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

The trouble with HFoG is it's too easy for the human players to avoid and the AI players don't do the same things. It's perhaps a bit too high, and the change-of-government reduction is unbalanced.

Comment

Working...
            X