Saving game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving game?

I can save my game and I name it The journey so I know what save game I played last before I quit.

Say I first saved it on turn 5. Next time I start up the game I load it up and then on turn 24 I quit again. When I load it up again its on turn 5 and not on 24.

When I saved it, it said you shure you want to save over a previous save and I click on confirm but it dosn't save it. Good thing it gives me lots of autosaves and says what turn they are.

Is this a bug? any one else with this problem?

davor

I don't have this problem. Only thing I could really guess is that whatever user Moo3 is running under on your system doesn't have permission to overwrite the old files, but then you wouldn't be getting updated autosaves either.

You can try overwriting the save, then looking at the save on the load game screen without exiting.

Comment

I have. Funny now it worked today, maybe its the same but that dosn't let me use my keyboard shortcuts all the time.

I could use my esc key to go back on level then it wouldn't work I had to use the - key, and now the esc key works. weird.

davor

Comment

moo3's saving is different than other games. from what I can tell, whenever you click on save game, all it really seems to be doing is copying the autosave of that same turn.

I noticed this once after I saved at the end of fiddling with the AI orders. when I reloaded I noticed I had to redo them all over again. and then other times I'd save after making tons of task forces, only to reload later and have to redo it all over agian.

I'd guess this is done to save time, instead of having to stare at a 'please wait saving' and also how the game is made as far as how it tracks everything.

so if you need to save, do so at the begining of a turn, not at the end!

Comment

moo3's saving is different than other games. from what I can tell, whenever you click on save game, all it really seems to be doing is copying the autosave of that same turn.
          which wouldn't be a big deal if it would just save the sitrep too. Hopefully this will be fixed in a patch. . .
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Working...
          X