Any Beta Testers Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Beta Testers Out There?

I've been scanning both Apolyton and IG forums and haven't seen much input from beta testers anymore. I would like to give them a chance to be heard. I was wondering:

1. What is your opinion of the finished product?
    2. How does it compare to the beta copies you have tested?
    3. What are some of the bugs in the beta that have been giving you the most grief?

Thank-you...
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

No one in sight.

They have disappeared for fear of being lynched!!
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Yeah... they have sorta disappeared of late

and there are even those of us who are REALLY loving this game now that we've FINALLY overcome the initial frustration at trying to surmount the learning cliff
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Well the best thing i can say about the testers are, the game is bug free.

unless you count the AI.

Comment

I dispute the bug free. There is an obvious bug with naming ship classes. The inability to just type when the name hits max length is silly.

K
          "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kromwel
            I dispute the bug free. There is an obvious bug with naming ship classes. The inability to just type when the name hits max length is silly.

K
            LOL well, that's not a bug, that is a feature
            /Flemming Madsen
            VP Lidium
            www.lidiumonline.com

Comment

I've found a couple of things in ship combat that I perceive as bugs, but they may be features I don't fully understand yet. Other than that, a remarkably stable and bug free game. No slowdowns even after 20 hours of constant play.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

I saw a beta tester respond to some of the complaints over at IGMOO, he said that not all issues reported were dealt with. Interpret that as you wish.

At least the game is stable and the only game-killing is due to AI.

Comment

OK, then, here's another feature. As you can see from a couple of my threads, I am having difficulty invading planets. Some suggestions were made to me and I tried them, but discovered no rhyme or reason as to why sometimes I would get the option to land troops, and sometimes not.

K
                  "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

There are definite bugs in the game. Thruster space on ships gets goofy and can't be changed back without scrapping the design. Also, after doing some calculations, the research bar in the economics tab turns orange at the wrong value even though the final calculation still works right.

There are some other things I've seen that may be features or grant money being hidden from the player, but other bugs are definitely there that other people have found.

Comment

Originally posted by aiin

unless you count the AI.
                      yes, other than the engine not working the car runs fine.
                      "Is it sport? I think it is. And does affection breed it? I think it does. Is it frailty that so errs? It is so too." - Shakespeare, Othello IV,iii

Comment

Originally posted by aiin

unless you count the AI.
                        I disagree strongly. I've had many problems that have affected gameplay to the point that at times makes the game unplayable. QS needs to patch this quickly.

Comment

Working...
                        X