Troop ships...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troop ships...

am I the only one who's having a problem with this?

The AI is obsessed with building troopships. I'd much rather it didn't build anything at all and I have to waste some time going through the planet production queues and remove all the new troopships the AI keeps putting in there.

Is there any way to prevent the AI from building troopships other than marking the troopships as obsolete?
    Administrator - ghostrecon.net

I don't think I've ever seen the AI make troop ships.

Of course, I usually make troop ships obsolete and design my own transports pretty early in the game. I wouldn't freight garbage on those things.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I've seen enemy troop ships in my game, and I let my A.I. build those toops ships because they don't really cost me much AU when they are in reserves. It takes a lot of infantry to conquer a well developed planet in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
        I don't think I've ever seen the AI make troop ships.

Of course, I usually make troop ships obsolete and design my own transports pretty early in the game. I wouldn't freight garbage on those things.
        same thing here. first thing I do in the game is make the 'cutter' class troop ship obsolete and redesign a bigger one: Light cruiser transport ship.

since new colonies can't build higher than frigate, this solves the problem early on.

Comment

Yeah, this is certainly the case, along with support troops. The AI can't get enough of them apparently. And it is a regal pain in the balls to have to go in and clean up all your build queues. Just for fun I went into my fleet readout and counted 99 troopships in reserves. Not counting the ones that were active, and the ones I had already scraped because they were using old drives. I think the AI of the planet is trying to contribute to the empire's navy, and the (cutter) troopship is the cheapest thing it can build so it does. Still can't figure out why the AI is obsessed with hackers/magazines tho. Fighting troops don't seem anymore expensive, and support troops are worthless without 4x as many fighting troops anyway.

Starts with a "P" and rhymes with Hatch ... Beuller? Class? Anyone?

Comment

Working...
          X