Diplomacy issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy issue.

I've noticed a couple of times that I'll run across another race while scouting systems, yet, be unable to see them on the diplomacy screen. What do I need to do to start diplomatic relations with another race that I run across. Thanks.
    Have a good one;

Brian

It's the same issue as in MoO1 and MoO2. If your effective fuel range is insufficient for your freighter craft to be able to reach another empire's closest system, you can't establish diplomatic contact.

Your forces might be able to run into one another and fight because your freighter fuel range spheres overlap, but neither one reaches the other guy's closest colony.

The difference in MoO3 (from the other MoO's) seems to be that fuel range only affects freighters (and hence diplomatic channels), but doesn't seem to affect how far away I can send my scoutships (which seem to be perfectly able of going off into the the wilderness for forever). There might be a limit on that as well, but I just haven't run into it yet.

Thus, in MoO3, it seems that even your warships can reach the other guys territory when your freighters cannot and thus you cannot open official diplomatic channels.

Oddly, this means that the fastest way to open negotiations with a race is sometimes to conquer his nearest colony

I think this is a bit messed up personally, but it seems to be the way MoO3 works...
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Thanks, plus I just found out from the IG forums that you need to have a colony within 2 hops along a starlane from another race to have diplomatic contact.

Originally posted by Arnelos
      It's the same issue as in MoO1 and MoO2. If your effective fuel range is insufficient for your freighter craft to be able to reach another empire's closest system, you can't establish diplomatic contact.

Your forces might be able to run into one another and fight because your freighter fuel range spheres overlap, but neither one reaches the other guy's closest colony.

The difference in MoO3 (from the other MoO's) seems to be that fuel range only affects freighters (and hence diplomatic channels), but doesn't seem to affect how far away I can send my scoutships (which seem to be perfectly able of going off into the the wilderness for forever). There might be a limit on that as well, but I just haven't run into it yet.

Thus, in MoO3, it seems that even your warships can reach the other guys territory when your freighters cannot and thus you cannot open official diplomatic channels.

Oddly, this means that the fastest way to open negotiations with a race is sometimes to conquer his nearest colony

I think this is a bit messed up personally, but it seems to be the way MoO3 works...
      Have a good one;

Brian

Comment

Working...
      X