a few nOOb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few nOOb questions

So what does everyone feel is a good way to get a good MP game going? Are there game matching services that you could recommend? How long do they seem to be taking so far to complete (if anyone has played one yet).?

Also, those of us (well, at least me) who are still waiting for our preorder to be shipped from the Amazon to Minneapolis by llama across the Himalayas would really love to hear a few MP action reports!!! Type them below at will by all means.

MP Game

Ok, I have only played about an hour or 2 of MP, but here is my take.

Spys are deadly. Don't neglect this part of the game. Game flow works well. Spygame software that comes with the game is a good starting point for "looking for games". Kali is also another place to look.

The clock is probably a good thing as sometimes people can get lost (time-wise) in the ship design screen. Make sure you have everything else done before you go there.

Biggest beef: There doesn't seem to be a CHAT option in the game. Perhaps I am just new to it and haven't found it yet, but if anyone else know how to chat (other than ICQ, etc...) while playing the game, please post it here.

Don't underestimate the power of planet based defenses. Finally, it takes a little bit to get into the game as the complexity will turn a few off. Once you get going, it is addictive. However, perhaps it is just me, but I have been able to turn it off and walk away. Some new games have proven that test to be tough...

Comment

Re: MP Game

[QUOTE] Originally posted by yoda
      Ok, I have only played about an hour or 2 of MP, but here is my take.

- Surely you don't mean you completed a game in so short a time.

Comment

The ingame chat is a small dropdown box near the top of the screen (In the center, on the top edge of the map). Of course your oponents only see it if they open it up, so it is not very usefull. There is no chat option after you end your turn.
        Bigger guns. We need BIGGER GUNS.

Comment

the '~' opens the chat too (I think that was the key). Yes, a chat after the end of the turn would be nice. Acually, a lot of end turn options would be nice (ship design, planet adustment, etc). Kind of like CtP or Civ.

Comment

Working...
          X