2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions

Hey guys, please let me know if anyone can answer one (or more) of the following. Thanks.

1) How do you gain access to new (non-linked) stars? I've scouted out about 6 systems (small map) that are all linked by white lines, but now I want to expand further.

2) How do I build "planetary structures"? I click the button on the planet menu (just below the one to build military stuff) and nothing shows up in the queue box (with or without AI running). I have tried researching "hydroponic farm" and I still don't have any options to select.

thanks guys,

-Dave

2) How do I build "planetary structures"? I click the button on the planet menu (just below the one to build military stuff) and nothing shows up in the queue box (with or without AI running). I have tried researching "hydroponic farm" and I still don't have any options to select.
    Hydroponic farms are a regional improvement rather than a planetary structure (the AI builds them the same way they do DEAs). There are very few planetary structures early in the game

Comment

Re: 2 questions

Originally posted by Zanac
      1) How do you gain access to new (non-linked) stars? I've scouted out about 6 systems (small map) that are all linked by white lines, but now I want to expand further.

non linked stars you will have to manually fly to, which may take 100 turns with your first scout.

If you see a white thing that looks like a comet, I think thats a supernova, nothing probably to see there.

I've visited a few black holes (scout 1 escaping miraculously) and super novas, but haven't found anything. Too bad, would be a neat way to include something hidden.

Comment

Ok thanks for that tip - I'll just have to wait for research to catch up I guess.

There doesn't happen to be a way I build regional structures with AI off is there?

-D

Comment

100 turns to a nearby star? Sounds about right. How do I wage war with a distant empire? Is there a tech that eventually solves this problem?

Comment

100 turns to a nearby star? Sounds about right. How do I wage war with a distant empire? Is there a tech that eventually solves this problem?
            You'll have to wage war using the star hi-way.

do you not have a link outside? That would be quite unfortunate.

What I would do then is gear all research (keeping efficiency in mind) towards getting better engines and fuel cells.

Or I would restart a different game.

Comment

Well, I have one link to the outside, and that leads to the Orion system (and I can't even begin to compete with them). Should I just restart? I'm getting bored.

Comment

Well, I have one link to the outside, and that leads to the Orion system (and I can't even begin to compete with them). Should I just restart? I'm getting bored.

You wouldn't mind posting a save, would you? quite funny. Or even a screen shot, and start a thread to post unusual or funny sights in the game.

Comment

This is unusual? Great! I'll definitely start over then! (Would post a save or a pic, but my modem is soooo slow... besides, not much to see).

-D

Comment

That's hillarious... your section of the map only reaches Orion!

btw... to avoid the probability of this in the future, try turning up the # of starlanes in the preferences when starting the game.

Unfortunately, that makes effective choke points less likely, but at least you're less likely to get trapped in a dead-end section of the galaxy.
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                    X