How to upgrade ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to upgrade ships

I didn't actually look into this that much while I was playing, so it might be a silly question, but how do you go about updating ships? Can you? Nothing was apparent to me. I would find it a pain to just scrap all my old designes or until I needed to provide targets for say the guardians while my modern ships did the work.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

You can't upgrade ships.

Comment

You can only design new ones and make old ones obsolete.

Comment

You can always send the old ships to their dooms, negating the need to upgrade. lol
        The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

i heard a rumor that refiting might be added in a future patch / expansion pack

Comment

Originally posted by Defkon
            i heard a rumor that refiting might be added in a future patch / expansion pack
            i hope not!

i manage ship building now in a sort of continuous stream. I keep building them from military bases, and then I use them. this assures that I see some action

When new techs come out, I obsolete old designs, and replace it with a better one, and only if it's a considerable change: for example, if I have no shield tech and then I discover shield class III. thats a case where its worth it.

but then refitting everytime I get a new modification tech for a weapon, or other minor things..... and just to start thinking about refitting all my ships, ugh what a clicking hassle!

and given the current interface/menus/options, I doubt a free patch would be able to integrate an AI driven auto refitting thing.

Comment

You are correct we will not be seeing upgrades for ships in a patch.

Comment

Working...
              X