Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

Icons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icons?

Where in the rules book or the game does it tell me what ANY of the icons are?

red test tube in research?
    little moon? (figured that one out: migration)
    little arm on system view?
    little tower on system view?

The game goes out of its way to keep me from finding anything out. I have to shuffle around a million screens and no information is where it intuitively should be.

They should have used some "onion layer" approach to the menus: it's all the rage in program design. It would have helped.

K
    "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Does ANYONE know what these icons mean?

K
    "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

I think the red test tube means you have to have some other tech to research this one, I havent seen the other symbols yet

Comment

red test tube in research?
        little moon? (figured that one out: migration)
        little arm on system view?
        little tower on system view?
        Red test tube = tech has another requirement in another field of research
        Little arm/little tower = Not sure exactly what you are talking about with the arm. System icons I've seen are: Starting a colony or telling the AI to send a ship here - white tower on blue background. Perhaps it is an arm, hard to tell the detail though. Green starburst on black background, green border = planet special.

Comment

Working...
        X