ground combat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ground combat?

I've written this in a post before, but i really want to know what you people think of ground combat?

Is there a point or thing i dont see?Or is it just that planet on the picture being bombed and a marine talking trash?

Er, I think the point is to capture another planet (?)
    And the picture and sounds is just candy, but with a meaning, ie if the fight is going well, the "marine voices" will say so. And choosing what tactics has a big effect on the outcome.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I personally like the MoO2 version, with the men running across the terrain and the stats for the soldiers shown. In MoO3, I have no way of knowing the bonuses and penalties associated with the various land forces and if I bring all my troops. Also for some reason I can only drop all of my troops to assault the planet. The manual says you can drop in 25% increments, but I can't get this to work... (even when I push the appropriate button). The ground combat system in MoO3 is too abstract for my taste. I guess we are stuck with it though. I think they tried to do too much and ended up doing everything average instead of a few things very well. If it ain't broke don't fix it. MoO2 ground combat was fine... Also when attacking a colony with multiple regions, you have no way of knowing how many regions exist and what the stats are BEFORE the attack.... Very frustrating. Same goes for ships in a system. All it says is 12 ships... I want more detail. What kind of ships? 12 troop ships or 12 Battleships... It makes a difference...

Comment

I think its tough to give specific advantages as you can put all different types of troops but when you make your army it tells. I like it a little better though. I had a 5 turn ground war.

I just want to know what nukes do. It seems no one cares if you just lob bio weapons and nukes all over.

Comment

Unconquered, if you've explored the system, double click to open to system view, then go to the "Other Forces" tab, enemy ships are listed there. Including what their task force is for, so you'll get a decent idea of what to expect.

As for ground combat, I like it. Gives enough information and is also entertaining. You can know how many regions a planet has by the way, it tells you when bombing how many regions are there. Though having some way to get more detailed information would be useful.
          "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Working...
          X