Lan play with one CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lan play with one CD?

Does anybody know if it's possibly to play a LAN game with less cd's than you have computers?

It should work with a no-cd-crack
    visu

Comment

Rubbish last night Lan proved:
      you need to coipy those musicfiles in that common folder.
      (Copy the Music directory from the 2nd CD to \Master of Orion 3\GameDataSets\Classic_01\GameAssets\Common path)
      Then you only need the cd to start up the game.. give it arround ;=)
      Works smooth :=)

//And to all who said you cant LAn w/o playing it solo first: bah!
      Last edited by Main_Brain; March 1, 2003, 08:09.
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Lan Multi

got the no-cd-crack from gamecopyworld.com ....works great with wife on laptop and me on the desktop....about the only way to play right now til they fix the weak sister of an AI it has right now.
        an army of asses led by a lion will always defeat the army of lions led by an ass

Comment

Keep getting a weird error

I am trying to play multiplayer with one cd, on a couple machines but when I do all the dancing around with swappin the CDs i get an error stating: Mismatched Version.

All the games, of course, are of the same version (since its the same cd that installed them). I have found more luck without using the crack no cd, and buring extra copies of the cds, but still have this problem?

any suggestions?

Comment

I burned a copy of disk 2, but it only autoruns and then dumps to desktop when I try to start the game. The only way I've gotten it to work is with the no-cd crack. Not sure about the mismatch version thing, but try it with the crack. Again, you can get it at http://www.gamecopyworld.com
            Hope that helps get you multi in lan
            an army of asses led by a lion will always defeat the army of lions led by an ass

Comment

Working...
            X