Blinking Cursor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking Cursor

Well, this has been an intersting experience. At first, I was just so overwhelmed by the game that I didn't know what to think, but the more I play it, the more I like it. I'm starting to really get addicted now Also, the Ithkul are a really good race! I'm playing a modified Ithkul race (+research, -combat) and it's very nice
    Anyhow, my main question is regarding my cursor. It flashes the whole time I'm playing. I can get past it and still am falling in love with the game... but it's kind of annoying. My guess is that it's because I don't have a real good system, but it does meet the requirements. I was running it on my laptop with a 600 MHz processor and 190 megs of ram. I tried turning the cursor to the default one (rather then their fancy one) and I turned the graphics settings way down, but to no avail. Also, I've installed it on my desktop (350 MHz and only 64 megs of ram, yea I know that's not enough ram) and even though the game runs just fine (surprisingly), the cursor still flashes Any thoughts? Or do I just need a better computer?

I changed my curse color on my computer to black arrow and changed the cursor in the program setting file on my hardrive from one to 2. Using the normal cursor on my laptop now works. I don't have it with me, so I can't tell you what I actually did but that's approximately right. Hope it helps
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

I'm not at home now, but I'll definately try that tonight. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

When I said program setting I was talking about one of the files tha MOO3 downloads onto the computer. I was very frustrated when I loaded the game, because my cursor basically disappeared leaving me feeling like the guy in the twilight zone that broke his glasses and could'nt read all those books.
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Avatar, are you using Windows ME? I had the same problem, until I wnt into game options and changed it to the Windows pointer, now it works fine.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It worked! Thanks guys. At first I thought it hadn't, because after the change my cursor still flickered, but then I realized that my default windows cursor is pretty complex too. So, I changed it to the default boring arrow and it worked! I'm excited

Comment

I had this problem too when I first started playing. Then I got the infamous "Direct-X texture" error and crashed. I remember tweaking some stuff previosly to try to get another game working, so I went into advanced on my display properties, and put the acceleration tab back to full. No more cursor flashing, and never saw the direct-x message again. This is with the game cursor too, not the system cursor. Been working fine ever since - maybe this'll help you too?

Comment

Working...
              X