Cloaking and Battle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloaking and Battle ?

I notice that you can allways maked cloaked ships with out price increasing on the ship design screen by simply selecting cloak. Is this right

Also in the game set up at the begining is there any way to turn off the battle timer so batles go longer than 10 minutes?

I don't think the "cloaked" check box actually does anything until you have the right technology, then it will instruct the auto-build to add it to the new design.

I recall there being an option to not limit combat length. I didn't leave it checked because I was afraid of getting a neverending combat.

Comment

I think you can engage in an ulimited number of combats, but they are limited to no more than 10 minutes each.

I guess if the timer runs out, the battle will start over in the next cycle if neither fleet moves? Is damage carried over?

Comment

Check the manual. If memory serves, there's an option during game setup to change the properties of timed turns and battle length.

Comment

from the manual, about cloaking, a 'stealth' ship is smaller than the non-stealthed of the same size.

I am not sure it is a matter of technology only, but also you can think of a ship whose hull (like the F117 of the US) would be engineered specially for this purpose.

The manual talks a bit of them (p.113), as well of stealth task forces (p.127). I have not tried them, i don't have the game yet

Comment

Working...
          X