Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good:

-I like the UI a lot. It is easy going from one place to another quickly and efficiently

-AI helpers actually working in a computer game is great

-Starlanes make things fun

-Lots of detail and technologies

The Bad:

-Diplomacy seems to be a mile wide but an inch thick. Many options but the computer often "angrily congratulates me" and other strange combinations are seen with a great degree of frequency. I also couldn't see some "demands" like stop spying etc.

-Not being able to handle build queues yourself without disabling the Viceroy

-Bad manual. Vague in many parts of the game where things need to be clear. Just how efficient is it to bioharvets on barren sectors? Is barren better than hostile? Is substinence better than hard scrabble? Who knows?

-Ship combat. Ships seem to zip around very fast. It feels more like fighters going at it rather than massive starships.

The Ugly

-Ground combat absolutley stinks. The little planetary view is a joke. Also, 50 options of attack and defence without knowing cause and effect. Also the little radio reports get real annoying.

Compare ground combat in MoO3 with that in MoO2. Small improvement, yes? But I too would like to have the details for the different strats in the game, and not in a DL from the Orion Sector.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
      Compare ground combat in MoO3 with that in MoO2. Small improvement, yes?
      Actually its not. With MOO2 or MOO1, I could clearly tell cause and effect. It was simple, straighforward and clear. You had x number of troops outfitted with y equipment and you fought the other guy.

MOO3 combat is convuluted, confusing and it is difficult to evaulate why an attack failed or why it succeeded. Cause and effect are difficult to ascertain.

Comment

Re: MOO3: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Originally posted by Corentor
        -Not being able to handle build queues yourself without disabling the Viceroy
        Nonsense. The viceroy will add things into the queue himself, and may adjust spending levels, but if you want to fiddle with the queues he won't get in your way. (That's what I've been doing throughout my first game, which is currently ca. turn 50.)

Comment

you can add to or subtract from build queues with the AI on. just double click something in the queue to scrap it, then grab something off the list.

it's that simple

Comment

Let's try not to be harsh. Let's try to help each other instead

The game is complex and there might be things that are not obvious at first to the new comers...

oh wait...

we are all newcomers game just got out.

Corentor was just bringing up some issues and considering that the game just got out and considering that the game just got out it's unreasonable to expect everyone to know everything, especially for a game as complex as this is

Administrator - ghostrecon.net

Comment

My biggest complain so far is the AI picking randomly projects for me. This needs to patched , there should be an option whether I want pick projects myself or let the AI handle it

Comment

If you mean randomly picking research projects, there's nothing random about it: the AI researches all of them at once. Originally, there was the option of deciding which projects to research, but that was cut.

Comment

A lot of comments are coming out complaining that the AI runs the empire, not the emperor.

Comment

Actually, in most empires it is the AI (ie Civil Service) that runs the Empire. The Emperor just thinks he does.

Comment

Which is why we need an Execution button for our beauracracies. A few messy object lessons and we'll see who runs the empire then.

Comment

Working...
                      X