No announcement yet.

Does anybody ever lose a game of Moo3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody ever lose a game of Moo3?

When reading reviews and messages on fora I get the impression that hardly anybody ever loses a game of Moo3. Is this correct?
    Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Because
    1.) Noone likes to boast about loosing
    2.) I (like many others) stop playing when its clear that we don't have a chance.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

So how often do you lose or resign when it becomes a lost case? In percentages.

The reason I'd like to know is (again based on what I've read and I don't know if it's true) the game doesn't seem too challenging.
      Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

I've got a 100% resign rate so far. I don't have a clue really, yet. I keep restarting because I realise there was somthing I was doing wrong for the last 30 turns. Like not spending any money on the military build queue. I think this game is like poker though. Sometimes you can get dealt a good starting hand, and then the betting is not a problem. Alexfrog's impossible win was due to a nice combination working out, for example. But then again, he is a MoO2 master.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

The Orionsektor "Walkthrough" is a loosing game, for example. By Senate Victory while the human player wasn't in the senate, though.

While I haven't won any of my games so far I won't call them loosing games. I always outteched, produced and settled the KI in easy, so winning was only a matter of time when I quit those games.
          Now trying at normal, the KI is a little better there, but I'm still superior in tech, production and population. Perhaps I try and start a game in hard now

Comment

I lost afew game of MOO and MOO2 because I make supid mistake and didnot save game often much. It you where to save your game every turn while learning you can go back to than game before things went wrong. Plus saveing game often protect against loseing your current game if power goes out or the computer reboot itself for some reason.
            By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Save and reload - pfwarrgh !

*spits out bad taste*

If the computer crashes, then either I load the autosave, or consider that "I" died. Going back to correct mistakes. Hmm, try doing that in real life.

-Jam

Comment

My first game was a loss after 220 turns. I was doing quite well, got two races kicked outta the Senate
                In the end, though, someone else snagged enough votes to take the Senate when I wasn't expecting it. I finished with a power rank of 2.
                In all fairness, though, this was on Easy and I started in pretty good position -- I never really had to fight a major war but was unmolested the whole game. My only space combat (which rocks, imo) was when I actively sought out someone to smack around.

Comment

I'm not in the Senate, and I think it's very likely I'll lose when one of the members wins the Presidency. And this is on Easy.

Comment

Having no option to defy the Senate is a very good reason not to buy the game until it hits the bargin bin.

Comment

You can turn the 'Win Senate Election' victory option off entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
                        Save and reload - pfwarrgh !

*spits out bad taste*

If the computer crashes, then either I load the autosave, or consider that "I" died. Going back to correct mistakes. Hmm, try doing that in real life.

-Jam
                        Since I than not than general or admiral or than space overlord, I feel it I make than mistake learn to play the game I than entible to afew reload. I sent 3 hour playing the game
                        when the power die and the autosave file was corp and unuseable.
                        By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Working...
                        X