Cheat codes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat codes!

Found the following cheat codes in the game!
    It was under the game data set.

TableStart Cheats
    ColumnHeadingsStart Class Duration Modifiers
    RowHeadingsStart
    1 EvEmpMod 1 mAddGold+=100000000
    2 EvEmpMod 1 "CemprPop*=100,ManufEff*=100"
    3 EvEmpMod 1 AddReseE +=1000
    4 EvEmpMod 1 MdUnrest *= 0
    5 EvEmpMod 10 mMaintAU*=0
    6 EvEmpMod 10 mBuildAU*=0.1
    7 EvEmpMod 10 mPopGrow*=3
    8 EvEmpMod 1
    9 EvEmpMod 1
    TableEnd

But what's the keybaord commands? Tried the alt and ctrl command - did not work.

Hey Folks!

Any replies?

Comment

It looks more like a cheat menu to me ? *confused*

other than that i can only congratulate fo being the first to ind them ;=)
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Boo cheats!

Comment

note that not all spreadsheets are "live" and some are hardcoded and/or obsolete.

Comment

Hey,

Use them for your own consumption !
            But the more of us begins to tinker with these files, the better we can make it!

Comment

I have the solution!

I found out that the cheat codes are commands for use in the racemodifiers.txt file. To use them you take the modifier, mAddGold+=100000000 for example, and put in into the quotations that follow the race's name.

Example:
              HUMAN 0 0 0 "GndCombt = 3, MeansWar += 1, ReseaEff += 0.5, OSMayILB *=1.15, PositvDP *= 1.25, PositvCB *=1.06, mAddGold+=100000000"<--Just stick it at the end and start a new game!

Comment

Boo cheats!
                I'll second that one.

Comment

It's funny that a game can barely be out, fans noisely requesting patches, yet some still find ways to cheat the game as if 'cheating' was their only passion in life.

If you like cheating so much play solitare with all the cards face up; it's 'easier' that way.

Comment

Cheats are the single most important factor when I'm deciding whether or not to get a game. Though, I made an obvious exception to that rule for MOOIII (to do otherwise would be blaphemous). I use them initially to get the quickest, most complete feel to how a game works. That's how I learn how to play a particular game. Once I've figured out the jist of a game, I then start playing without any of the cheats, I wouldn't need them.

Think of cheats as the training wheels on your first bicycle. Use them at first to figure out generally what works and what doesn't, then take them off...and hope for the best, getting better every moment from there on out.

You gonna poo-poo training wheels? Didn't think so...
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

To all the people who continue to mock those of us that use cheats in single-player games:

B!te me.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                        To all the people who continue to mock those of us that use cheats in single-player games:

B!te me.
                        You may espouse the qualities of using cheats until you are blue in the face, but I will not buy them.

You can learn how the game works through careful play and note taking. Learning a game is half the fun. Read the manual, read reviews, ask questions about game mechanics to other players of the game; just don't tell me you have to cheat in order to learn how the game works. It may be quicker for you that way; but you may be the type who peaks at Christmas presents well before the 25th comes around.

Comment

Read the manual
                          Incomplete manuals, anyone?

read reviews
                          Very wide spectrum of reviews, from great game to awful game.

ask questions about game mechanics to other players of the game
                          Similar problem as reading reviews.

just don't tell me you have to cheat in order to learn how the game works.
                          I didn't.

It may be quicker for you that way
                          Damn right it is. Better than reading manuals, perusing reviews, asking questions, and getting fustrated.

but you may be the type who peaks at Christmas presents well before the 25th comes around.
                          I never have. God honest truth.

Comment

Bedtime for DRose, night all!

Thanks to those who may have uncovered the secret to that cheat file!

Comment

Here's my view on it:
                              1. Cheaters will most likely never get fair players to cheat.
                              2. Fair players will most likely never get cheaters not to cheat.

So let's keep the messages in here to their purpose, discussing cheat codes. If you don't like cheating, you can go and make a whole new subject just for arguing the "evils" of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X