How is the in game music??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the in game music??

Hey Im like the biggest fan of ingame music so this is for people who have played the game. What do you think of the music? Does it add to the gameplay? Does it help in keeping you totally immersed in the game and oblivious to the outside world?
    -Demos
    13.79%
    3.45%
    0.00%
    10.34%
    6.90%
    6.90%
    10.34%
    31.03%
    3.45%
    13.79%

Er, it's the EXACT SAME BACKGROUND MUSIC as Master of Orion II's.

Comment

You're F*CKING ME???? EXACTLY the same as MOO2???????????? WTF happened to the sample music on the official website in cool stuff? I was wondering if the music was just as good as the Harverster's love song, if not better? OR do you mean the same style of music???? Im sorta finding it hard to believe they would have the same music files from moo2 in moo3.

Comment

The in-game background music is MOO2's. There is all-new music for each race during diplomacy, though.

Comment

wow. Aah well thats a shame. At least they have different music for the diplomacy. That still sux that they were too lazy to create a new soundtrack.
          -Demos

Comment

Not lazy. It's more an homage to MOO2. It's traditional music.

Comment

Its still very cool

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Nothing beats MOO2's space opera music for a space strategy.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I don't recall it sounding like MoO2's music to me. Same style, but not the same. Maybe I need to pay a little more attention in my next session.

Comment

Originally posted by JonahFalcon
                    Er, it's the EXACT SAME BACKGROUND MUSIC as Master of Orion II's.
                    Jonah

no, it's not. Brian Williams composed all of the MOO3 stuff without every even *hearing* any of the MOO2 stuff.
                    Rantz Hoseley
                    Art Director
                    Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

I got in a couple of turns over lunch, and I can confirm that it is NOT the MoO2 music. The style is similar, but that's it.

Comment

I was wondering, had anyone at Quicksilver heard Lustmord or anything before hiring Brian Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by Ulmaguest
                          I was wondering, had anyone at Quicksilver heard Lustmord or anything before hiring Brian Williams?
                          Yep. I'm a big ambient/industrial/dark fan, so Brian was my first pick, and I really fought hard to make sure he was the one who did the soundtrack. We're currently trying to put together a soundtrack album since Brian recorded two CDs worth of stuff for MOO3... REALLY great stuff...
                          Rantz Hoseley
                          Art Director

Comment

Yep. I'm a big ambient/industrial/dark fan
                            Does this mean we can look for MoM2/MOO4 to be soundtracked by Front Line Assembly or KodeIV?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon

Does this mean we can look for MoM2/MOO4 to be soundtracked by Front Line Assembly or KodeIV?

Nah, maybe Nivek Ogre's New Project, or KMFDM, or SPK...

*j/k*
                              Rantz Hoseley
                              Art Director

Comment

Working...
                              X