No announcement yet.

How do I make contact with other races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make contact with other races?

I have test played two games of MoO3 so far. In the first, I happened to be in the Senate for some reason. My first question, what decides if you are going to start ín the Seneta? Anyway, in that game, I started with contact with a number of races.

But in my second game (the first one lasted for 20 turns or someting, untill i quit) I was not in the Senate, and I did not begin with contact with other races. But as I explored I met other races, and even battled a bit with them, but no races ever showed up in the Foreign Relations Tab! So my second question, how do I make contact with other races?

There are racial picks that let you specify whether or not you are in the Senate. If neither pick is selected, your status is randomly determined (I don't know the percentage).

As for the second, I don't know, but if it's anything like MoO2, you'll have to at least find one of their colonies. In MoO2, you had to have a colony near one of theirs, though I don't know if that is still the case.

Comment

Ok, the racial picks... Do most of the races have that pick. And is it wise to tweak abit with the picks to gain it, if the race I choose doesn't have it?

I did find some of ther colonies. My scoutships attacked the undefended ones, to no good. So apparently finding their colonies isn't enough. I'll to build a colony near theirs. But that doensn't seem to be a very smooth way to do it. There may not be any habitalbe worlds close by. And if they are far off, it takes very long time! But I'll try it out. Thanks

Comment

I don't know about the racial picks, other than that the harvesters are always out of the Senate at the start of the game. I only know what I've read in the manual. I'm still waiting to hear that my copy has shipped, let alone arrive.

As to contact, it sounds like they haven't changed the contact rules between 2 and 3 then. I think the standard was that one of you had to have a colony within normal starship's distance of a colony of the other one in order to establish contact. I remember once making contact with two races at the same time as soon as I researched improved fuel cells. This despite the fact that my scout ships had reached their colony, so extended fuel tanks don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by M'Hael
          I'll (have) to build a colony near theirs. But that doensn't seem to be a very smooth way to do it. There may not be any habitalbe worlds close by. And if they are far off, it takes very long time! But I'll try it out. Thanks
          My suggestion is to not worry about establishing contact. Sure it can be nice if your a trading race etc. But if I were you, I would focus on expanding your empire to good locations near you. Sort of expand in a centralised fashion rather than spreading your empire in a thin line toward an enemy empire. If he is close then just centrally expand anyway cuz you will meet up with him sooner rather than later. Just consolidate your empire. OR I don't know if you can do this as I haven't played it yet but if you can then build an outpost ship and park it on a system next to theres.
          -Demos

Comment

I think you have to be in a system where a planet with a goverment seat of them is existing.
            Not neccessarily the homeplanet, just a planet with a system-government. If you it "B" you see which planets of yours and them have goverment seats. (kind of "flag").

Comment

Actually, there are checks each turn when you meet another race. It takes time for your ambassadors to establish relations with them.

Comment

Working...
              X