Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Ithkul Picture on page 161 of Strategy Guide (Spoiler?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Ithkul Picture on page 161 of Strategy Guide (Spoiler?)

I was right!!!!!!!!!!!

Found this after the guide was published in December and it was mentioned in this forum and as a news item in Apolyton.

Detractors said it could have been just a human in funny looking powered armor. Now that the game is out it looks like we are both right. The Ithkul do look like humans in funny looking armor. Reminds me of a costume in a cheap B movie...
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

The manual explains why on p118.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

I still don't get why they were such a big secret... But I wasn't following the game closely either, first reading of the backstory has been through reviews/manual. Just kinda odd, but compared to other races, whats the big deal?
      "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

I think they were intended to be a little secret, just a cool extra that you get to discover after you buy the game and install it. Unfortunately people went to such great lengths to spoil the surprise and consequently to block them that it became a much bigger deal than it ought to have been. Nobody is foaming over the origins of humanity or the nature of the X's, for example.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

I really thought they got carried away with the secrecy. The government isn't as hyper as they got. That made finding it in the strategy guide sweeter.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Well, the first time I met them in game they attacked me. Then again, it was on like turn six...naturally my first game ever and...New Orions one system to the left, harvesters one system to the right. Damnit!
            Veni, vidi, vici.
            [I came, I saw, I conquered].
            -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

The New Orions prefer to kill you with spies than military might (the other races look unkindly on New Orion aggression.) The Ikthul are more direct.

Comment

Working...
              X