Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Econ & Fonts questions

Long time lurker. Just got the game today and have some questions:

1) On the Planetary Economics panel I am a bit puzzled by the sliders for allocating AUs. In particular, the Normal Economic Development one. At a certain point, an icon shows up next to this (an exclamation point) and no more production is gained. Is this a max based on some technological factor? Related to this, is it smart to put this at this level early in a planet's development to get DEAs built faster?

2) Also on the same panel, Terraforming has a NO symbol next to it. Does this mean there's no terraforming optionsfor me currently or what? (I can't find any info on these icons in the manual).

3) I started a game with Ithkul, and the Technology screen showed a complete blank spot for Economic & Social Sciences development. Is this just a limitation of the race or something to do with random tech?

And unrelated to gameplay:

Rantz said on here a couple weeks back that there was a way to turn on/off Font Kerning, that would affect how they appear. There's no option for this in the INI file or registry. Any way to still change this?

Thanks,
    Mike

I was looking for that Font Kerning thing too; maybe there's something that needs to be added to the .ini file.

Seems like I saw someone state a specific command line that is not in the file.

Comment

IGMOO has instructions for changing out fonts. You can do a wholesale substitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P.
        IGMOO has instructions for changing out fonts. You can do a wholesale substitution.
        If they could be repeated here it would be appreciated. IGMoo lags to hell when I try and browse it.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Font fix

Comment

While I know there's a way to substitute fonts, I'm still interested in the Kerning option that Rantz talked about 2 weeks ago. This is what caused fonts to look "anti-aliased" and apparently is an option. I just want to know how to change it via an INI file.

Anyone have any idea on my other questions?

Comment

Several on the IGMOO forums have been looking at it, but no one has been able to find the magic .INI file. In fact a few scanned through the .EXE and found mention of AA fonts, but apparently they are not convinced that ANY change to the .INI files will help. Currently they are trying to find a way to run the .EXE in DEBUG mode in an attempt to find a -switch that might allow them to disable AA. I will post any solution here when it is found.

-Mali

Comment

Well, you could probably replace the fonts in the fonts.mob file (hint, it's actually a zip file)....
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Replacing the fonts probably won't help with the anti-aliasing, since that seems to be performed by the text rendering routines.

... and I so desperately want to turn the anti-aliasing off. My eyes!

Comment

Yeah, I thought I had seen a .ini command line to switch the AA off somewhere in a forum. Its not in the file though.

Comment

2) Also on the same panel, Terraforming has a NO symbol next to it. Does this mean there's no terraforming optionsfor me currently or what? (I can't find any info on these icons in the manual).
                      It's in the manual, page 50. You can't terraform til you get the appropriate technology for it - ie. sunlight redirection terraforms the planet temperature.

Comment

Working...
                      X