• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Robert Blake Connection?

Hey People!

C'mon, don't you get it?

FACT #1:
    The Human commander from the race pick and diplomacy screens looks like a young Robert Blake.

FACT #2:
    Master of Orion III hits store shelves in the US the DAY the Robert Blake trial kicks off.

THIS IS THE TRUTH INFOGRAMES AND QUICKSILVER OBVIOUSLY NEVER WANTED US TO SEE!!

I thought he looked like Blake too! But seriously, Robert Blake is, and was for a while, one of my favorite actors.

Comment

Naw!! Looks like Paul Riser! And he's mad about YOU you dirty Klackons!

-P

Comment

I thought he kinda looked like Chris Kattan from Saturday Night Live...

Comment

No, he looks like Chief Engineer Charles "Trip" Tucker on "Enterprise."
          Attached Files

Comment

I thought he looked more like Carrot Top...

Comment

Actually, I think he looks more like me. How appropriate!

Robert Blake is the last person I'd thought to see associated with MOO3.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

This is not nearly as disturbing as the connection I raised about 2 weeks ago now:

The expected release period for MoO3 was identical to the expected attack time for the next Al Queada terrorist attack on the United States.

The fever pitch in release date spectulation had similar timing to the fever pitch of terrorist "traffic" which sparked the U.S. admin to raise the terror threat warning.

We've been waiting and wondering when and if MoO3 would finally hit shelves, but it could be this week....

We've been waiting and wondering when and if the terrorists would finally strike, but it could be this week...

If you really want a conspiracy theory... try that one on for size

NOTE: This is one big fat stupid joke. To anyone stupid enough to think I'm presenting the above in any more than a joking manner, this is your warning. As for appropriateness... Niels Bohr put it pretty well: "There are some things that are so serious that you have to laugh at them." As for my "right" to joke about it - I live practically on top of multiple U.S. national security organs/agencies - if something goes down, I'm more likely than most to go down with it... so for those of you living in a bunker in Wyoming and inclined to complain: shuve it.
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Oh joy. Now we have conspiracy theories. Its possible that the increased terrorist traffic was terrorists downloading bootleg copies of MOO3.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Good lord! Somebody get Tom Ridge on the horn! We can break al queda if we act now!

Comment

We're in for a world of hurt once they get frustrated with the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                        We're in for a world of hurt once they get frustrated with the game...

ha rather I think if they like the game they would spare you....
                        " It is from the character of our adversary's position that we can draw conclusions as to his designs and will therfore act accordingly"
                        - karl Von Clausewitz

Comment

Working...
                        X