Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3 in the UK ?

Has anybody got MOO3 in the UK ?

I only ask because I have pre-ordered it from Amazon UK which predicts 10th March for delivery. What I need
    to know is will we get the proper manual with the game
    or will go the way of most games in the UK now and
    come in a DVD case with a ten page booklet. If it's does
    come in the DVD case I will cancel it and buy it from the
    US instead.

I've never had a definitive answer on that one Shark. The only official response I have seen third hand is one from Sascha Koop from infogrames.de in Germany. Translated it seems to say that every single version of the game will have the same content as the US version. Nobody else seems to be talking despite a lot of requests.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

same gripe here. Been asking the same question for a while. Some people posted that there was only "one" version (i.e. in a box), but I've seen at least one post (non US) saying it came in a jewel case.

I also will order from the US if there is no manual in the UK
      Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

Well I just got my MoO3 from amazon.de. I ordered it way back, and it wasn't even in my list of ordered items anymore so I thought amazon trashed it, but well, I guess they didnt.
        It came in a small box, but at least it was not a damn DVD case. It contains a printed manual, as well as a pdf manual on the CD.
        I havent really gotten deep into it yet and have to work now. But the first impression I got was choppy intro video (the readme says there might be choppy video on low-end machines using WinME. Well I am using WinME, but is an Athlon 1200 with Geforce2MX and 384 MB RAM low end already ? It plays MW4 with full detail no problem, cant see why it cant play damn MoO2 videos... Guess their blink or whatever just dont like ME... Makes me wonder why they used it..)

I looked at the planets a little, and there seem to be tons of informations and options and features, but much of it doesn't seem to be documented in either manual or encyclopedia (which seems to suck, only provides some very general info, nothing in depth. Really disappointing if you know the civilopedias from Civ). I also missed right-click context information/help like there was so much of in MoO2...
        Seems they put all of that into the readme file. Very inconvenient.

Anyway enough *****ing. Hopefully it will get better the deeper one gets into it.

Lata
        Krait

Comment

Getting it in UK tomorrow 27th around 1pm GMT US version!!!!

Comment

I cancelled my Amazon.co.uk order this morning and ordered form Amazon.de. Amazon.de already sent it to me.
            Blade

Comment

Originally posted by installationCD
              Getting it in UK tomorrow 27th around 1pm GMT US version!!!!
              If you're driving to Hampton Hill I may bump into you
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Grumbold,

I'll be there 'bout 10past1

Comment

I'll be doing my best but west London is a dark and mysterious place to me. I could be there at 1pm, or I could be stuck somewhere on the A406
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Hampton Hill ? Do tell, what's the skinny?

Has sombody imported a bunch of US boxes?
                    Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

Strategic Plus software www.strategic-plus.co.uk but they were running out of unallocated units fast yesterday.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

Just called them 0920 (27/2/3). All units pre-assigned. :-(
                        Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

My brother works in the GAME store in Oxford and as far as he knows the release date for the UK version is March 7th.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Why dont you order it from Germany? I'm sure you can get it in 3 or 4 days time from Amazon.de .
                            Blade

Comment

I did look at amazon.de yesterday. I was a little confused by all that "German" they appeared to be using !!!!

(Actually, to be honest, I did get MOST of the way through ordering it, but it was not smooth and I was asked to fill in a few check boxes that I did not understand)

Maybe I will take the Channel Tunnel and go to Paris, it's only a few hours. I get to see some Euros first hand, and check out the talent at the Eiffel Tower.
                              Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X