Disregarding Negative Reviews ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disregarding Negative Reviews ?

Seems to me that since this is a "Fan Site", we take it personally when someone does not like one of our games !! hehe
    I remember when so many wanted to overlook and even flame early reviewers bashing games like Call to Power and Test of Time. And we all know how those games turned out....
    As it stands now unless someone can totally revamp MOO3's interface, make data less cumbersome and more visual to look at, streamline the overall concept, and improve the AI... MOO3 will be just another dust catcher , ....while we're playing GalCiv..

And we all know how those games turned out....
    you mean with people still playing them today?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Disregarding Negative Reviews ?

Originally posted by ACEofHeart
      Seems to me that since this is a "Fan Site", we take it personally when someone does not like one of our games !! hehe
      I remember when so many wanted to overlook and even flame early reviewers bashing games like Call to Power and Test of Time. And we all know how those games turned out....
      As it stands now unless someone can totally revamp MOO3's interface, make data less cumbersome and more visual to look at, streamline the overall concept, and improve the AI... MOO3 will be just another dust catcher , ....while we're playing GalCiv..
      have said the same thing about civ3, (are still saying the same thing about civ3) yet there are some who still play it.

If moo sucks, then it sucks, but i'll get around to playing it when i finally plunk down the bucks. when i have free time on my hands that is

Comment

I recall games like CIV2,,MOO1 and MOO2,, CIV3 and AlphaC, getting nothing but good to great reviews.. no one reviewer ever totally bashed them like they did CTP, TOT and now MOO3.
        As for some people stilling playing CTP and TOT , oh I'm sure they do, but they do so still having to overlook why the games we're bad from the start heck,,,I still talk to my Ex wife..

Comment

were you absent from poly during the Club wars over civ3? I still remember the outcry over mountains not melding together. I mean, they even did that in civ2 for christ's sake. Moo's had it easy IMO

Comment

People take it personally when either good or bad reviews are ignored and others held to be the fount of all wisdom.

Lets not even start on the club wars. They won't begin for a few more days until enough people have actually played the game to have firmly entrenched opinions based on their own observations. Another forum member and I have already had brush wars here over using Civ III examples in relating to MOO3 so there are bound to be as many firmly held and contradictory opinions on the game itself real soon now
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

well all the reviews seem to state the same thing its just that there opinions differ. Everything I have read still confirms I want to get this game. I like numbers and vast amounts of data.

Comment

Well, I'm ignoring the negative reviews now. I've noted them, however, and will just make up my own mind when I get the game.

Whenever the hell that will be! >:|

Comment

What was so bad about Test of Time? The sci-fi/fantasy scenarios were great. I'd still love to see a feature that adds multiple worlds for Civ3. Not sure if I like MoO3, i'll find out when I play it. My greatest fear isn't not liking it, its liking it then having to listen to all the Coracles and others that didn't and want everyone to know they didn't, repeatedly. Ah well, maybe this time will be different...
                  "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Originally posted by ChaotikVisions
                    My greatest fear isn't not liking it, its liking it then having to listen to all the Coracles and others that didn't and want everyone to know they didn't, repeatedly. Ah well, maybe this time will be different...
                    Why in the world would you think it'd be any different this time?
                    Seemingly Benign
                    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I am going to buy the game as soon as it hits the shelf no matter what. As with everyone here, we have waited too long now to just walk away.

But, I don't mind the critical reviews. In fact, I welcome them, as they do warn me what to be prepared for. I don't mind other people's opinions, even if they hate the game, but I am one of those crazy people who likes Civ III.

Comment

Well I like Civ 3 and I the culture flip flop where than other cities joining your empire due to your hight culture. This happen in history also.
                        Than good example is when the part of the Bytanic empire
                        was taken over by the muslum. The area they conquest was
                        90 + % Greek Christian. In 40 year time it change to than muslum workshiping place 80 + % follower of Islam by peaceful mean.
                        By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Is Chess realistic? No.
                          Is it a good strategy game? Yes.
                          Is it then neccessary to argue reality when discussing a strategy game? No, but it makes the thread more fun.

I only ask that a game be comprehensible (again after time), follow SOME set of rules, and hand my heiny back to me at least initially.

-P

Comment

Originally posted by ChaotikVisions
                            My greatest fear isn't not liking it, its liking it then having to listen to all the Coracles and others that didn't and want everyone to know they didn't, repeatedly. Ah well, maybe this time will be different...

Guess what, you're worst fears are going to come true, I'm willing to bet on it

Comment

Working...
                            X