Whats the verdict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the verdict?

Today is the 25th of February. Around 11:30 AM.

Everyone must be to busy playing the game to post information to us 'inferior' peoples who don't have the game yet. hehe

So, I'd like to here how the game is so far from you guys who got it. (I'm stuck in school until 4 o' clock. Might get it tomorrow )

I'm also assuming from all those previews about the huge learning curve that nobody has really gotten that far in any game yet...

Just let the information flow freely here I guess.

Hope its fun!
    "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Depends on how you look at it. AlexFrog beat the thing in his second game, first sitting, albeit 13 hours.

We'll hear some things soon.

(Hopefully that its for sale in a place near me... = ) )

-P

Comment

Hastings told me they'd have it tomorrow, but I won't be playing it till after thursday. I got a rather hefty compiler assignment to do. blagh.

Man, this forum sure has kicked into high gera though, eh?
      By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Nothing? nobody has come up for air?

Not even like the begining of an AAR? Like a "during action report" (DAR). Stop hog'n the game and tell the rest of us how it is and stuff... come on I want to hear from the real deal.. from the customers...... fine... be that way....
        "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Comment

Actually... no-one has the game

Stupid retailers don't have it on the shelves yet
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Speak for yourself Arnelos. You dont have it....

some of us do....

It is out in some places, and will be out in others very soon.

you want an AAR?:

Comment

Wal mart will have it tomorrow.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yeah, well you were playing a beta, Alex. Isn't the same thing.

Comment

If ANYONE has it tomorrow, I'll be happy. No-one had it today... all of them told me it was still being shipped.
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Ok, verdict is in. Got it, loaded, gave it to my sister's son who is 11 and told him to use the governors. Went out, came back and he won in 7 1/2 hours but didn't know what was going on.

Masterpiece. Infrogrames has done it again. Hit the market sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                      Ok, verdict is in. Got it, loaded, gave it to my sister's son who is 11 and told him to use the governors. Went out, came back and he won in 7 1/2 hours but didn't know what was going on.

Masterpiece. Infrogrames has done it again. Hit the market sweet spot.
                      The "clueless 11-year-old" market?

ack.
                      "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

Is there any way to lose 50%+ of the games you play without playing against a human?

Geez. They did this wonderful helpful viceroy AI, and an 11 year old AND AlexFrog beat em in the first sitting.

I don't know what's worse. The pitiful nature of the above, or that I still will probably buy the same damn game.

-P

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidyne
                          Is there any way to lose 50%+ of the games you play without playing against a human?
                          Seriously, is there any game where (on the long run) you are likely to lose at least 10% of the games against a fair-playing AI?

I am not defending Moo3, I am really curious to see if there is any such game. Civ3 can't do this even with heavily cheating AI.
                          Care for some gopher?

Did you know that in GalCiv, the AI makes you think you are playing against humans? Stop laughing, they mean it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidyne
                            Yes, play on a level other than "easy" or "normal"...

Hey, many people *****ing about how bad the viceroy AI would be, apparently it can't be *that* bad, eh?

Comment

THe AI of computer games is not always that great. I look for human players to give me a real changle.
                              Donate to the American Red Cross.
                              Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Working...
                              X