TO: Jonah, a request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO: Jonah, a request

Jonah, any chance you can start ALL your threads with the words SPOILER: whenever you start talking about in game goodies, and leave the rest of the title a bit ambiguous so that I, and maybe others, would want to actually be surprised about some of the technology incorperated into the game? I mean I am looking foward to doing some research then seeing "Stellar Converters?? WOW!" sometime while playing the game, rather than anticipating "Jonah mentioned stellar converters around level 30...". Now don't get me wrong you've been posting fabulous stuff, but seeing "planet destroying" and "Stellar converters" as title topics doesn't even give the chance to "not read" them since its obviously what they are about.

Just remember the harvesters aren't the only surprise that people want when they play the game.

Thanks.

Re: TO: Jonah, a request

Originally posted by sfsuphysics
    Jonah, any chance you can start ALL your threads with the words SPOILER: whenever you start talking about in game goodies, and leave the rest of the title a bit ambiguous so that I, and maybe others, would want to actually be surprised about some of the technology incorperated into the game? I mean I am looking foward to doing some research then seeing "Stellar Converters?? WOW!" sometime while playing the game, rather than anticipating "Jonah mentioned stellar converters around level 30...". Now don't get me wrong you've been posting fabulous stuff, but seeing "planet destroying" and "Stellar converters" as title topics doesn't even give the chance to "not read" them since its obviously what they are about.

Just remember the harvesters aren't the only surprise that SOME people want when they play the game.

Thanks.
    (comment in Bold)

Comment

I see your point but I don't think anyone MoO orientated would see Stellar Converters as a spoiler of any kind. Planet busting stellar converters were a feature of MoO2. At one point they were thought to have been cut from MoO3 because the designers wanted no 'ultimate weapons' but their existence has always been widely known and openly discussed.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
        I see your point but I don't think anyone MoO orientated would see Stellar Converters as a spoiler of any kind. Planet busting stellar converters were a feature of MoO2. At one point they were thought to have been cut from MoO3 because the designers wanted no 'ultimate weapons' but their existence has always been widely known and openly discussed.
        Well I'm not specifying just stellar converters, I was just giving an example. I dont want to see "Zeon Quantum Regulators at LEVEL 40!!!!" or that type of stuff as a title is all. And yes I realize they were cut, but I had no idea they were back, and from reading the other thread a few down, I'm not the only one.

and as to Pallidyne's comment (yanno you could of just quoted the part you wanted to BOLD ), thats fine if others do want to be spoiled, just set it up so that everyone can be pleased "SPOILER: Weapons Technology" is a perfectly good topic. Then everyone can be happy. Heck I'm all for giving out harvester info too.. just so long as it says SPOILER: Harvesters and then let human curiosity dictate who views and doesn't. The point was to leave the topic spoiler free as well.

Comment

Someone else suggested that Jonah put all his comments/observations/whatevers into one thread. That would eliminate the "spoiler" problem (just avoid that thread) and reduce the clutter in the forum.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

So you'd have to read a whole morass of "Jonah Speaks" to find out if there was anything you wanted to know on any topic? Not very productive. I can think of a number of people whose rants could be best disposed of in this fashion but Jonah is being helpful and constructive. If you don't want to know anything about MoO3 at all in the run up to its release the best way to avoid it is to stick to forums not devoted to it! Now that the release date is concrete for most of the planet, tomorrow there could be many people here discussing exactly what they have found in the game. It won't be appropriate to call them spoilers because its in the public domain.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

True enough, with the date as tomorrow, maybe it was a bit late for me to speak up about possible spoilage. And heck I might just disappear for 24 hours until I get the game (then I'll disappear for an even longer time )

I was just making a suggestion to a person, not meaning to start a huge flame war about forum courtesy or anything.

Anyways those who get the game soon enjoy! (Although I doubt you'll be around to read this *grin*)

Comment

Well I'm not specifying just stellar converters, I was just giving an example. I dont want to see "Zeon Quantum Regulators at LEVEL 40!!!!" or that type of stuff as a title is all. And yes I realize they were cut, but I had no idea they were back, and from reading the other thread a few down, I'm not the only one.
                Just thoguht I'd mention that if Jonah got Zeon Quantum Regulators at level 40, doesn't mean it'd be at level 40 when you play . . . .
                By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Working...
                X