No announcement yet.

SPOILER? Magnate civilizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if all this info is in the readme file, then this reviewer (not you Jonah!) who was complaining (see very long thread) about not knowing the details, simply didn't know where to look.

Thank God. When I'm playing I want to know all the percentages, stats, +7.5's etc. If all that's in the readme, then I'm happy.

Jonah - without giving it all away, can you tell us what else the readme covers, please? Does it have mountains+25% mineral production, improved mining extractor +50% minerals etc? That would be sweet.

Thanks

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

sweet readme.txt! good idea for the blank spoiler by default though.
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

How do I download the readme.txt file if I want to be SPOILED...

Comment

Nevermind, I figured it out...

Comment

Arnelos: No, the Humans and Evon are very different. Those stats are for the MAGNATE civilization and how it impacts on your planet.

The reason they're similiar is that they're both Humanoid (like the Psilon.)

Comment

Originally posted by JonahFalcon
              Arnelos: No, the Humans and Evon are very different. Those stats are for the MAGNATE civilization and how it impacts on your planet.

The reason they're similiar is that they're both Humanoid (like the Psilon.)
              Ah.... Got it.

Thanks for the clarification. I think you can understand how I missed that by your first post
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

So would I be correct in assuming that you can not export these races to other planets? (like the natives in MOO2?).

Imagine being able to send out your gargantuan troops to invade other planets. Get cloning happening on the gargantuan homeworld and turn it into a troop factory.

Could anyone who's played the game confirm or deny?

Chris

Comment

No. You cannot export magnate races from their homeworld.

Comment

You can totally do this through migration and colony ships. Once you have 'em, they can backflow colonize your worlds.

ETA: What? I thought that was one of the biggest features - that between setting up migratory paths and whatnot you could do a better job of fully colonizing your worlds, since you'd not be able to get those reds so easily without them.

That's just...odd.

Comment

I haven't played it but reading the AAR's strongly suggests that that strategy is often employed.

Sounds great eh?

Comment

Thanks for the spoiler. Great stuff. :-)
                        I'm more anxious thatn ever to get the game now.

Comment

What's interesting to me is that a bunch of that is not in the readme file provided by some Germans who already received the game.

Makes me wonder where all of this came from. Maybe reviewers got a 'better' readme?

Eh, so long as I have the info, I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                          X