X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet destroying

According to the readme.txt:

DESTROYING PLANETS
    In order to completely destroy a planet, you will need a Stellar Converter on at least one ship that survives until the Bombardment Phase of Space Combat. In addition, the device must be mounted on a Very Heavy Mount or something heavier in order to be considered a Planet Destroying Weapon (it's possible, though unusual, to build a Point Defense version of a Stellar Converter).

If you have a Planet Destroying Weapon and are bombarding a planet, the Destroy Planet button will be enabled.
    I have yet to build a stellar converter... I'm going to have to test this one out.

OMG!!!! This is a delicious surprise!!! And everyone was talking like this was out.

Test it quick! And see if it means 'reduce to fine granules of space dust', or just 'glass'.

Comment

Heh. I'm playing in an XL galaxy and isolating myself. I'll let you know. There are some other surprises in the readme.txt (such as how magnate civs work.)

Comment

lol I'll have the game myself before you get a chance to use one then!

Comment

Point defense Stellar converter? And this is useful against?..missiles the size of battleships?
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Read the readme text - it's POSSIBLE, though odd.

Comment

Maybe useful for fighters? Wow... a PD steller converter... that is just... sick.
              Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

Fighters can't support a stellar converter. I think the minimum size ship would be a frigate or even a light cruiser. I'll find out.

Comment

I thought they cut the stellar converter because it was an 'ultimate weapon.' That's be cool if they put it in. I remember Rantz posting a while back to say planet busting was out. I'd bet the SC can only glass a planet, not blow it up. I'd also bet it works a hell of alot faster than lasers.

Comment

I don't think it should be removed, but obviously because of the way it works, it should have an extremely low space/damage and cost/damage ratios. They could have also added a "Super *****ing Heavy Mount" for lasers, and make that stellar converters, because that's exactly what it is.

Comment

That's called a spinal mount.

Comment

I'm annoyed. I was going to build a planet destroyer by being a distant world so I could develop in solitude... and got burned by losing from someone being elected to the Orion Senate. Blah. (grumble)

Comment

GePap..... mine is bigger than yours......

Comment

So, planet destroying is in. . . . is planet construction?
                            By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Working...
                            X