government PLANS=?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• government PLANS=?

I don't quite corner that yet even after lurking on the official forums. JonahFalcon and other BTs, it is said that you lay a global "All planets" plan ( primary, secondary,tertiary ), and after you can lay a "player defined" plan, a "mineral rich", also for some other specific like "new planets", etc ( namely when reading LoreWeaver's guide ).....and each planet can have 2 plans. I just want to know how the mechanics of that works, in what order, and does the player has to tweak only through the "Empire, government" tab or on each colony. What happens when you let the viceroy AI manage , or not? Thx
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Okay, the development plans are a tool, but only to help you take the unnecessary work off your hands. The best thing to do is choose a few important planets you have as the ones you need to deal with first hand.

The development plans you use for the minor planets you don't really care too much about.

If you let the viceroy AI manage all the planets, including the "big" ones - you'll lose. You can't COMPLETELY leave everything in their hands.

This is what it looks like:

Comment

Thanks for the reply ( and the link, but I've already seen most of the shots including that one ). So I understand that if the player has to zone the DEAs on the most important planets, and let the AI do it on the minor ones, that would run smoothly and not be conflicting with an ALL planets plan??? ( do we have to make tedious clicking "Ai on" and "Ai off" in order to do that???? )because one reviewer see a problem with that:

" The manual, master's notes and encyclopedia had me convinced I should be able to put whatever DEA I wanted wherever I wanted it. Or so in theory. I couldn't get it to work . (...)let the AI handle the entire Planetary Infrastructure." --DearDireWolf
      any comments?
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

No. The AI has preset instructions on types of planets (ie. new planets, core planets, starving planets, rebelling planets), but they might not jive with your intentions. You can tell the AI want you want it to do on auto, rather than the preset auto.

Keep in mind, as I said, you'll be dealing with the major planets yourself. The best use for the development plans are for the planets you don't care about.

The fact is - YOU control funding, period. The viceroys do what they can with the funding you send them.

Comment

I suppose that we can make as many development plans as we want and individually assign development plans to various planets. Then if we still don't want to use the AI on the important planets, that means that even individually-crafted development plans aren't enough to make the AI perfect. Can one "zone" beforehand, planning which DEAs should go where, and then let the AI build the DEAs later? The on could zone a planet, craft a development plan, and pretty much leave the planet alone for a while, except for stopping it from building lots of troops and system ships.
          dadacp@gmx.net

Comment

Yes, you can plan every single DEA before they are built - and despite reports, in MY copy of MOO3 they are never countermanded. I try not to do that, though, because I always need to see how well the DEAs are working on that planet. (Ie. +5 with a Bioharvest on an abundant plain? +6? etc.)

Roughly, you need two Mining DEAs for each Industry DEA.

Comment

Working...
            X