Unofficial Race Relations Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial Race Relations Guide

Disclaimer: I am not a beta tester and I have no special secret knowledge of the in game diplomacy. I just wrote this up to help myself next week and then figured others might be interested as well. In addition, I know there are spelling mistakes on the race names.

I am really excited to get the game next week. I also know that although I will sit in front of the computer struggling to learn things and going back and forth between game and guide, the last thing I will read will be the back story in the manual. This isn't because I am not interested, but because it will be low priority for me. However, it seems like inter-race relations vary and certain species automatically like or dislike one another. Therefore, knowledge of the race relations detailed in the back story could prove invaluable. To get a handle on things I went through LoreWeaver's guide and tried to rate the different races interrelations.

How to use the guide:
    Written in caps is the name of your major species header (i.e. Saurian, not Raas or Grendarl because I don't have sufficient diplomacy information for each sub-race). Below that is the name of the other major species header you could meet, followed by a letter grade from A-F. If the grade is an A you should expect the other race to be ammenable to you, and if it is an F you should expect harsh relations.

Example: You are humanoid. You meet an Insecta race. You can expect good (A) diplomatic relations with them.

Note 1: I listed the races in my rough estimation of how good they are at diplomacy overall. Humanoid being best, followed by Icthytosians. Harvesters being last.

Note 2: Generally the analgous relations are identical. Humanoids love Icthytosians (A) and Icthytosians love Humanoids (A again). They don't always though. Humanoids have a C when dealing with Geodic but Geodic have a D when dealing with Humanoids. I did this because I think that since the Humanoids are listed as really good at diplomacy they might get what they want from the love starved Geodics but the Geodics will not have much luck getting stuff from the Humans, diplomatically at least.

Note 3: I seem to recall reading about alot of infighting among the saurian species (like Raas hate Gredarl and such) but I am not sure. I gave 'em a B.

Question: All the races are presumably balanced in advantages and disadvantages to have a roughly equal chance of winning the game. One of the humanoid's chief advantages is their diplomatic skills. In multiplayer games will this matter? Is there an in game reason why real people will be nicer to the humans? I hope so, because if not, then the unlikable races are clearly superior in multiplayer. Anyone have any info on this issue?

HUMANOID
    Humanoid A
    Cybernetik C
    Saurian A
    Icthytosians A
    Ethereans A
    Geodic C
    Insecta A
    Harvesters F

ICTHYTOSIANS
    Humanoid A
    Cybernetik B
    Saurian F
    Icthystosians A
    Ethereans B
    Geodic C
    Insecta B
    Harvesters F

INSECTA
    Humanoid A
    Cybernetik D
    Saurian B
    Icthytosians B
    Ethereans B
    Geodic D
    Insecta A
    Harvesters F

ETHEREAN
    Humanoid A
    Cybernetik D
    Saurian B
    Icthytosians B
    Etherians A
    Geodic C
    Insecta B
    Harvesters F

SAURIAN
    Humanoid A
    Cybernetik D
    Saurian A
    Icthytosian F
    Etherean A
    Geodic C
    Insecta A
    Harvesters F

GEODIC
    Humanoid D
    Cybernetick C
    Saurian C
    Icthytosian C
    Etherean C
    Geodic B
    Insecta D
    Harvesters F

CYBERNETIK
    Humanoid D
    Cybernetic C
    Saurian D
    Icthytosian C
    Etherean D
    Geodic C
    Insecta D
    Harvesters F

HARVESTERS
    Humanoid F
    Cybernetik F
    Saurian F
    Icthytosian F
    Etherean F
    Geodic F
    Insecta F
    Harvesters F

No comments?

No comments?

Anyone at least got any idea about this question?

Question: All the races are presumably balanced in advantages and disadvantages to have a roughly equal chance of winning the game. One of the humanoid's chief advantages is their diplomatic skills. In multiplayer games will this matter? Is there an in game reason why real people will be nicer to the humans? I hope so, because if not, then the unlikable races are clearly superior in multiplayer. Anyone have any info on this issue?

Comment

I thought I'd seen comments from beta testers that the inter-species and inter-race relations published in the strategy guide were no longer accurate.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Not clear

Sorry I wasn't specific. I based this on the BT Loreweaver's strategy guide on the IG forum.

Comment

Looking at the stuff that's been posted in the thread I started about the Humans and JonahFalcon's response (who's at least played the game for a week or so), I'm beginning to wonder how much the individual race Casus Belli levels vary from the given inter-species Casus Belli levels above.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Loreweaver Says

I'm basing my humanoid ratings largely upon this, from Loreweaver:

The Humanoid population has a general dislike for oppression and war. This is offset by a boost in research efficiency, senate effectiveness, initial relations, and Casus Belli.

Loreweaver did not mention all 3 of those positive diplomatic elements for other races.

I saw your post hinting that the humans may have some extra unmentioned goodies, possibly fbecause they are descendants of the orions. I think this is exciting and I am intrigued. The more differences between the races, so long as it is balanced and any race can win given the right cicrumstances the better.

Anyway, I guess we will find out soon. Of course Loreweaver or Jonah could just tell us....

Comment

Working...
            X